Is there a "back door" to get into www.harmony-central.com ?

BrentSP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by BrentSP

Is there anything I can do? Clean out history and cookies at the end of the day?

use firefox and set it to clean everything whenever you close the application.

...then again, they may be monitoring your internet usage... in which case use extreme discretion when surfing at work.

-Erik

• Members

Originally posted by Syrnett

use firefox and set it to clean everything whenever you close the application.

...then again, they may be monitoring your internet usage... in which case use extreme discretion when surfing at work.

-Erik

lol.......yeah anubae_obscura I work together and we both downloaded Firefox (they use IE). We had a site wide virus that effected 50 or so employees out of 600. They did a manual clean up of each comp. He saw the Firefox I got scolded.

• Members

Unless you have a static IP address on your machine - which would allow you to bypass your company's proxy servers (which are performing the content filtering/blocking), you're SOL bud.

:( But if you can get a Static IP, just turn off going through the proxy in your browser settings.

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Unless you have a static IP address on your machine - which would allow you to bypass your company's proxy servers (which are performing the content filtering/blocking), you're SOL bud.

:(
But if you can get a Static IP, just turn off going through the proxy in your browser settings.

Most admins will have those settings blocked through group policy. But if they don't......

If you've received an IP through DHCP, all you have to do is open up DOS, run an ipconfig command to determine your IP address and then statically assign that IP address to your machine through network connection settings. Be sure you know the address of your firewall to set that as teh default gateway as well.

Most DHCP servers have a lease time of like a month anyway, so you should be good. Just set your machine to get an address through DHCP every so often and then re-assign it to yourself statically.

Damn I'm a dork. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by BerkleeBill

:(
But if you can get a Static IP, just turn off going through the proxy in your browser settings.

Any Network Engineer with a clue will only allow outbound http from the proxy and whether static or DHCP makes no difference. My Cisco PIX firewall config is 1300 lines and everything going in or out is host and protocol specific. Brent, you would be best giving it a rest for a while. Most of the sofware out there logs absolutely everything going through the proxy or firewall.

• Members

The fact that it's blocked means that they know a lot of traffic is headed to it. I'm sure they know where it's being generated too.

What's your company's official policy on internet use?

Just cool it with the HC for awhile, and hopefully they will get lax. My old job ran security software that allowed the owner to take screenshots at ANY time of my desktop or take my computer over via remote access. He also checked router logs. He also had cameras all over the place that recorded all our activities. I had a tendency to scratch my ass in front of the cam in my area.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by shredhead666

Most admins will have those settings blocked through group policy. But if they don't......

If you've received an IP through DHCP, all you have to do is open up DOS, run an ipconfig command to determine your IP address and then statically assign that IP address to your machine through network connection settings. Be sure you know the address of your firewall to set that as teh default gateway as well.

Most DHCP servers have a lease time of like a month anyway, so you should be good. Just set your machine to get an address through DHCP every so often and then re-assign it to yourself statically.

Damn I'm a dork.
:cool:

I've got it all setup by user accounts at work.

The only "staticly" addressed systems are actual servers, so, if some moron grabs one of those, I'll know about it, and I won't be happy.

Everything goes through our ISA box too...

Archived