DRRI Reverb not working Any Ideas?

jhall

• Members

I have this DRRI and the Reverb isn't working.

The tank will make the thunderous roar when you rock the amp so I know the tank and the return are working. I also tested the cotinuity of the reverb cables. They work. I also tried it with and without the foorswith still no worky.

Any Ideas?

• Members

Since your getting a reading on your meter the tank must be good I assume you've checked the connections to the amp. Just a guess but the 12AT7 reverb send tube could be bad. I think it's the 3rd or 4th tube from the right (can't remember for sure), the first two being the preamp tubes and 12AX7 a vibrato in there some where. Don't use a 12AX7 for the reverb send it's too hot.

• Members

Based on your info, the most likely culprit is the V3 tube, a 12AT7. For a quick test, take the tremolo tube (12AX7) out of V5 (it's ok to operate the amp without this or any single tube) and put it in V3. If this works your V3 tube is bad.

Don't leave the 12AX7 in V3 for too long or it will likely cook to death.

Vs are numbered right to left as you face the back of the amp.

• Members
Originally posted by jhall

I have this DRRI and the Reverb isn't working.

The tank will make the thunderous roar when you rock the amp so I know the tank and the return are working. I also tested the cotinuity of the reverb cables. They work. I also tried it with and without the foorswith still no worky.

Any Ideas?

As mentioned. I assume you swapped out the reverb tube as a first step thing?

Archived