so I used my Line 6 PodXT Live during rehearsal...

mystixboi1

• Members

I always thought it sounded good running through my Peavey Classic and Peavey JSX in my room so I decided to bring it to rehearsal with the band. I plugged it in and started riffing around with some Zakk Wylde(JCM 800) setting that I downloaded off the Line 6 website. I use the same setting with a bunch of delay and huge EQ boost for leads. I was running the POD through a Marshall AVT combo(clean channel).

Holy crap, this amp just filled the room with sound. The notes were articulate and chunky as hell. I was shocked. My leads just floated over the mix effortlessly. I was shocked... this is going to be my main gigging amp for shows!!!!

I'm a tube amp guy, but now I'm starting to change my mind!!!

Anyone have any cool patches they want to share?

• Members

sounds cool bro -

those things can sound really good with tube amps if the time is taken to tweak them

i have more luck with small combos than with larger amps, it seems to sound better with my little 10watt class A than say through my jcm800 or twin.

but i have had alot of luck running my pod through a very old stereo tube amplifier (3 12ax7s and 4 EL84s) - it sounds really sweet through that loud and i can use 4, 8, or 16 ohm cabs with it

• Members

I've been running my HD147 into the power amp in on my Ultra Plus I just snagged and it kills for metal. Much, much, muuuuuch better than the 147 on it's own. The tube power amp completely takes away all the negative stuff about the 147 (fizz, lack of low mid punch, etc.). I like the Ultra Plus on it's own no doubt, but the 147 through the PA just brings the hammer down.

Archived