If you have played a fender cyber deluxe amp please read

T.DEY

• Members

Watsup everyone. I have had a Fender Cyber Deluxe amp for a couple of years.

I am sort of disappointed in this amp. I am sure part of it has to do with my guitar. I use 'Texas Special' pickups which came with the fender american strat I purchased used. I am going to replace those with 'hot noiseless' ones. I guess my current pickups just aren't compatible with this amp. But still, the feeling I get from this amp is that there is no in between when it comes to finding the perfect tone. Does anyone else get this? I mostly switch between two tones that sound great; completely clean, or almost completely distorted. There is no in between, classic rock vintage style distortion. And when I play clean it is only completely clean, I want the clean that is on "under the bridge" where you can play single notes, but still get that smooth gainy background. That's the best way I can explain it.

So I would appreciate it if those of you who have played this amp regularly would give me their opinions on this amp. Or the custom settings that work for them. I would love to try out the settings that you guys use and see how they sound over here.

Take Care!

• Members

My Main Beef(GONE) Was that the best cleans you could get involved the amp working really hard and lots of hiss, Then if you switched to a patch that had the modern or dynatouch moddel WATCH OUT! I got the crap startled outta me several times this way.

The way it always started on that highgain noise patch(initialization) pissed me off too

I thought the full cyber twin w/ the preamp tubes was probabaly a better Idea, The cyber was just a "poor mans" offering.

Really , the way it is for now is that these moddler seem to excell in either good mild gain or heavy distortion and know one seems to offer both inthe same package.

The vox valvetronixs does cleans and classisc rock distortion 10000000 times better!!!!

maybee you should just pickup the desktop versionof th TL ($300 now) and put in in through the loop to get those sounds. :cool:

• Members

Exactly. The only amp settings I use are the modern for distortion, and tweed for clean. Everything else is too muddy or too choppy.

I know the "under the bridge" clean has a bit of overdrive in it. That's what I am saying I want. On this amp, if I have clean setting, I can put the gain all the way up and it still sounds clean, just a little fuller. I guess I should just go with pedals.

• Members

i have played one a couple of times and absolutely was NOT impressed by it at all. there were lots on tones in there, but none of which i liked. i thought fender's own models were lackluster, not to mention all the others, which is sad b/c the old tweed fenders are the most rocking amps ever made.

• Members

I'm not looking to start a modling vs tube debate, but, the great thing about tubes is that totally smooth transition from clean to crunch. After going through a million settings on various digital gear, I eventually realized that the elusive tone was right there in tubes all along. And, with a couple of tweaks to the gains, you can dial in about whatever suits your mood on a given day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've had mine for 5 years. First you must have the trim dialed in to compensate for the pickups you're using. Second the presets are an OK starting point but you need to teak them and then save in the user presets. There is no way you should be getting "the crap startled outta" you if you have the user presets set to comparable volumes. The CD is great if you need lots of different sounds from an amp. If you are only using clean vs dirty then there are better options.

• 14 years later...
  • Members

The answer to getting classic distortion or clean on the edge of break up is simple. Use the clean model of say the British amp and crank the gain high to taste. I did this only last night having just got mine earlier this week. No problem. Instant Kossof. With many amps the key to the tone you want is how you set the different gain, volume and master controls. Hope this helps. Cheers.

• 7 months later...

Archived