***Heaviest Amp Ever***

branjispad

• Members

Originally posted by BOOGIE666

uber is alot darker and more low mids, lows are just everywhere kind of like the wall of thickness like the recto vibe. Alot tighter than a recto with more upper mids on tap if you want that. But overall its still a very squishy / loose amp.

The powerball is MUCH brighter, WAY tighter and just more focused, they gain isnt as saturated or as overkill like on a recto or a uber. Both the uber and powerball are both very "heavy" lol and agressive amps, but they are very very different animals.

Which Revision Uberschall did you play? Just curious.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I owned an Engl and the 5150 sounded thicker and heavier, and had more gain. Mine isn't sterile or thin, and frankly, it doesn't {censored}ing suck.
:wave:

So the 5150 is a better amp than the ENGL Blackmore??? I guess then the 5150 would also be better than a Savage 120?????

• Members

I played a revsion 2 uber, wicked amp not really sure if I liked it anymore than my recto, if it had two lead channels I would think about trading my recto for one.

Mega, I havent played a blackmore but comparing a 5150 to a powerball is a joke if you are talking about thicker heavier and more gain.

• Members

I tried out a bunch of amps last weekend.

The Diezel Herbert, VHT amps, and Uberschall can all get really heavy.

The Diezel has the most gain, VHT is the tightest, and I'd say the Uber has a big bottom, with more gain than the VHT, but less than the Diezl.:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by branjispad

anyone who said 5150 is pretty lame and has never A/B'ed it with a boutique amp. my uber ate the 5150 and {censored} it out like it wasn't even there. the 5150 is so thin and sterline and frankly {censored}ing sucks. that's why i got rid of it.

No.

• Members

originally posted by Digital Jams

So the 5150 is a better amp than the ENGL Blackmore??? I guess then the 5150 would also be better than a Savage 120?????

I wouldn't call either one "better" than the other. The 5150 is just my favorite amp. Nothing beats it for Swedish metal stuff that I play. The Engl is an incredible amp, and the next amp I purchase will probably be a Savage 120.

• Members

I wouldn't call either one "better" than the other. The 5150 is just my favorite amp. Nothing beats it for Swedish metal stuff that I play. The Engl is an incredible amp, and the next amp I purchase will probably be a Savage 120.

So thicker and heavier does not make an amp better than another?? You explained you kept the 5150 due to the fact it was thicker.....so the ENGL is thinner??? Just trying to figure this out. I have been thinking of speaking to Derek about some things but now this may change things if the ENGL is thinner than the 5150.

• Members

So thicker and heavier does not make an amp better than another?? You explained you kept the 5150 due to the fact it was thicker.....so the ENGL is thinner??? Just trying to figure this out. I have been thinking of speaking to Derek about some things but now this may change things if the ENGL is thinner than the 5150.

Well, no other amp that I've ever played has that brutal growl that a 5150 has, the Engl doesn't sound thin by any means though. The Engl is clearer and has less buzz to it compared to the 5150. It sounds similar to a 5150, but a bit smoother and more refined.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Scotty, you need a Herbert!

• Members

Well, no other amp that I've ever played has that brutal growl that a 5150 has, the Engl doesn't sound thin by any means though. The Engl is clearer and has less buzz to it compared to the 5150. It sounds similar to a 5150, but a bit smoother and more refined.

Ok......got it. The ENGL is a better sounding amp because it is less buzzy and is more articulate...thanks.

Don't you always yell about clips being buzzy though :confused: If you don't like buzzy clips why did you keep an amp that is more buzzy than one you sold :confused:

Glad I do not go through this more than once, I just research and buy and stockpile.........

• Members

Ok......got it. The ENGL is a better sounding amp because it is less buzzy and is more articulate...thanks.

Don't you always yell about clips being buzzy though If you don't like buzzy clips why did you keep an amp that is more buzzy than one you sold

Glad I do not go through this more than once, I just research and buy and stockpile.........

Once again, I wouldn't call either one "better" than the other. When I say the Engl is less buzzy and clearer, I don't mean to say that the 5150 is buzzy and unclear, it's just the Engl is SO defined and articulate, and the 5150 has some buzz, but not in a bad way, like TU BE's Lamb of God clip yesterday, that was BAD buzz. I kept the 5150 because I find myself playing it way more than the Engl, and I couldn't pass up that Caparison on Ebay, and the only way to afford that, was to sell the Engl.

• Members

Once again, I wouldn't call either one "better" than the other. When I say the Engl is less buzzy and clearer, I don't mean to say that the 5150 is buzzy and unclear, it's just the Engl is SO defined and articulate, and the 5150 has some buzz, but not in a bad way, like TU BE's Lamb of God clip yesterday, that was BAD buzz. I kept the 5150 because I find myself playing it way more than the Engl, and I couldn't pass up that Caparison on Ebay, and the only way to afford that, was to sell the Engl.

Were cool, thanks for all the help. The BM sounds like an amp I would like, the 5150 just would not cut it for me by your description, I need a tight articulate amp and do not want the buzz factor you are talking about.

Thanks for the help.

Archived