***Heaviest Amp Ever***

branjispad

• Members

Not not how much it weighs! I'm talkin' pure m/:evil: m/ . We all go through a phase to where we want an amp that will eat your face off and channel the depths of hell everytime you strike a note.

So what's your take? More gain? More bass? More Crunch?

Keep in mind since we are getting evil here that its gonna have to handle tunings like B, A, and even G.

My vote is for the Uberschall. Possible even gen 2 over gen 3 because of the boomy bass that sounds like sonic booms.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to have a Peavey Butcher that was used on Manowar's Kings of Metal album. An open E sounded like a thunderclap and harmonics leapt off the fretboard with ease. Unfortunatly, it was waaaaayyyy too loud for my purposes.

It also weighed about a ton.

• Members

Originally posted by anubae_obscura

i know u werent kiddin dude...i was saying boo to no ss amps...i know how much u dig the hd147...i will own one fer sure just for the heavy
:thu:

SS needs to be included in the poll!!!!!!!! The evil toaster is just a fun ass amp to play and it gets better the louder you go :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

SS needs to be included in the poll!!!!!!!! The evil toaster is just a fun ass amp to play and it gets better the louder you go
:eek:

I hear ya bout those SS amps...i got a marshall valvestate...and it can nail Death...probably cuz that is what chuck used...and if u throw an e/q in it...WOW :eek: the beast has awakened.....as far as the hd147 is concerned...man..would love to get my hands on one....been schemin a way to get one...and christmas is just a few days away ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Well........until I too have BigHair $$$$$$$$$ I will just dial in the Herbert model on my HD-147
:p:D

you know I think I'll have to re-try the hd147 now I know what the real thing actually sounds like!

you should pay a visit over to Europe and see if it is any cheaper to buy over here :)

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

you know I think I'll have to re-try the hd147 now I know what the real thing actually sounds like!

you should pay a visit over to Europe and see if it is any cheaper to buy over here
:)

I have no clue how close it is :D I use mostly the Line6 patches anyways.

When the time is right for me to buy the best high gain switcher on the planet I will be making some oversees calls ;)

Archived