deMOON synth

girevik

• Members

TEH KNOBS! :love:

its a pity the filter section only gets one envelope. 4 filters + individual envelopes would be a beast.

edit: the whole lineup they have is actually pretty impressive. its like they took the wierdness of the evolver and ran with it.. the bigger modules give me serious gas.

• Members

Sounds didn't impress, but the drunk guy operating the camera was comical in a sad way...

There's a LOT better synths to be had for less than $500. Good luck guys...

-Mc

p.s. What's with the prom decorations in the background?

• Members

Flemming who is the engineer and founder of Gotharman, he spend 2 years on making the DeMOON Synth. He build it from the ground up, no stealing of filters, oscillators etc. all by the brain and hands of MR Flemming himself.

Daniel Muschinsky has done the new soundbank, that gives a cool impression of what the DeMOON can do.

DeMOON has it's own personal sound, here is a link to hear it.

http://highendtentacles.dk/1%20Lydspor.mp3

It is a fast take no mix, the drums is a bit to loud, all sounds by DeMOON.

We are working at the moment to get DeMOONs in your favorite shop in US and all over the world.

The price is 500 - 600 USD

All the best,

Ole'.

High End Tentacles

PS: The video is done in HETroom, High End Tentacles Showroom.

• Members

Yep, the huge-ass knobs and audio input would make this thing a great fit for experimentally minded guitarists, as well as non-guitar playing synth types.

I like the Deformer too:

http://www.gotharman.dk/deformer.htm

I've gotten similar "granular" sound effects using my Cocolase Device (8-bit, 8-oscillator delay that samples incoming audio into short recordings, then plays the recording forwards and backwards in seemingly random fashion, with the behavior depending on oscillator and modulation settings). And I've also done it using Tim's Reorder16 patch for the Nord Modular G2. But so much of musical inspiration and performance is influenced by the user interface and this Deformer looks like it has great UI-feature combo to work with.

• Members

Hi!

It's me on the video :-)

I had the DeMoon for 2 weeks while programming the soundbanks and I wanna share my first impressions:

This synth can make sounds like no other synth I own (Yamaha Motif XS, Moog Voyager, PolyMoog Keyboard, NordLead2, Korg Triton with MOSS, Alesis Micron, Yamaha DX-100 to name a few) or have ever tried... I actually think kind of "fills the gap". The DeMoons sound quality and timbre is unlike anything else and really stands out.

I'm a session player in the pop/hiphop/R'n'B world and the way I see my self using it is adding extra spice to productions... A DeMoon lead, sequence, granular sound to give a track something extra. Mixing a gritty DeMoon sound with a million dollar sounding pad from the Motif to give it some edge. Or mixing a gritty, cold, digital DeMoon bass with a fat, warm, dirty Moog bass for some extra spice. Or even running tracks through the filters, granular fx or distortions if you've got the + model...

I haven't had the chance to use it in the studio yet, but i cant wait...-I know it's gonna be a great source of inspiration. The soundbanks I've done has an emphasis on showing what I think is the strength of the DeMoon, but I also wanted to create some sounds that I thought I'd use at some point... I hope that you all are gonna enjoy it ;-)

Daniel

• Members

On some other forums people wanna see a video of the following:

let me know what you wanna see in a video and I'll try to include it...

How the menu system works / how to edit sounds

Processing of external sounds

Really weird stuf...

If you guys wanna see something let me know and I'll try to include it in the next one...

D

• Members

I'm really digging the droning tones on the various.mp3 sample! great qualities! I'd probably seriously consider it if I didn't already have a nord modular g1 on the way.

granular synthesis is immensly interesting

Archived