ANYONE know saves the days amp rig at all??

nopistons93

• Members

I love this band. I think I remember them using jcm 800 or 900's. I saw a video of Craig Killborne's show and one guy was using a jcm 900 half stack and I couldn't make out the other guy's rig. Most of their stuff sounds like marshalls to me, it has that raw, full, middy sound.

• Members

This has been a long sought after question between my friends & I for years. Hundreds of hours we spent trying to nail the guitar & drums tones. I think they decided it was either a jcm 800 or 900. Probably most definately a Mashall though. I think the record after that was a plexi but holy {censored}, what a great album all around.

• Members

Originally posted by nopistons93

Im looking to see if anyone knows what saves the day used on their Through being cool album for their amp, and what I could get amp wise to come close to that tone, especially Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

Clear out your PM's.

• Members

Originally posted by FearMeWithMyLP

the tones on In Reverie are the best I've ever heard. I love that album, and I could care less about what everyone else has to say about it (why does everyone hate that album?
:confused:
)

It's fucking ghey. :o

And yes, I have it. :(

• Members

the tones on In Reverie are the best I've ever heard. I love that album, and I could care less about what everyone else has to say about it (why does everyone hate that album?
:confused:
)

It has a few good songs, other than that I think it's pretty bad, and the guitar tone sounds fuzzy to me. Where in Po-town do you live? I'm about 25 minutes east of there and go to DCC.

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

It has a few good songs, other than that I think it's pretty bad, and the guitar tone sounds fuzzy to me. Where in Po-town do you live? I'm about 25 minutes east of there and go to DCC.

yep good ol potown! I live 5 minutes from Marist College (one block away from the Palace Diner). Actually, I just graduated DCC last year and am headed to New Paltz in the Fall. DCC is such an awesome school! :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

It has a few good songs, other than that I think it's pretty bad, and the guitar tone sounds fuzzy to me.

see, here is the thing with me and saves the day. if they kept making albums like Can't Slow Down, I would have gotten bored of them LONG ago. The music they are producing now is such a breath of fresh air. It's their own sound. I try not comparing this album to Through Being Cool, and when I do that I enjoy it so much more! The songs are catchy, the riffs are catchy, i LOVE the trebleyness of the guitar tones (especially the leads). The only thing I would change is Chris Connoleys voice. It's so... high pitched for those songs :freak: I guess it works though

• Members

yep good ol potown! I live 5 minutes from Marist College (one block away from the Palace Diner). Actually, I just graduated DCC last year and am headed to New Paltz in the Fall. DCC is such an awesome school!
:cool:

haha, I'll be headed to New Paltz most likely a year from now.

• 14 years later...

Archived