5150/5150 II settings: The Haunted "rEVOLVEr"

tomresurrection

• Members

Originally posted by tomresurrection

Yeh i agree with you.

'One Kill Wonder' tone was 10x times better. Alot thicker.

I used to have their DVD, and it included some fottage of them recording at Studio Fredman. I forget what album that was for, the one right before rEVOLEr I think. It showed their settings in that DVD as well, the only thing I can remember is they had the mids set on 4.

• Members

I dont know what they were doing live, but The Haunted had the BEST rhythm guitar tone I've ever heard, when I saw them on the Meshuggah tour a couple of months ago.

It was the guy on stage right. I was in front of his cab, and his tone was SMOKIN.

All I saw was a 6505, and an ESP with EMGs. There HAD to have been something more to it than that, his sound was unbelievable that night.

• Members

Originally posted by Brooks

I dont know what they were doing live, but The Haunted had the BEST rhythm guitar tone I've ever heard, when I saw them on the Meshuggah tour a couple of months ago.

It was the guy on stage right. I was in front of his cab, and his tone was SMOKIN.

All I saw was a 6505, and an ESP with EMGs. There HAD to have been something more to it than that, his sound was unbelievable that night.

Maybe a modded amp. I dont think they use a boost of any kind. Same with In Flames, if you look at videos of both bands its pretty much no effects. Except for tuners, wireless, and noise reduction systems.

• Members

Originally posted by Brooks

They had the worst guitar tone I've ever heard at Ozzfest...but they were both playing Krank's. Go figure.

• Members

Maybe a modded amp. I dont think they use a boost of any kind. Same with In Flames, if you look at videos of both bands its pretty much no effects. Except for tuners, wireless, and noise reduction systems.

I noticed in the new In Flames DVD that Bjorn is running his 5150 on the rhythm channel with the gain around 2-3. He HAS to be boosting that with something, there's no way that's enough gain for their stuff, no way.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I noticed in the new In Flames DVD that Bjorn is running his 5150 on the rhythm channel with the gain around 2-3. He HAS to be boosting that with something, there's no way that's enough gain for their stuff, no way.

Which section of the dvd?

I got it for xmas, havent really watched it to much.

• Members

Which section of the dvd?

I got it for xmas, havent really watched it to much.

In the Sticky Fingers part, the main concert. I never watch set I because I don't like those songs, so watch for it on set II. You can clearly see Bjorn's 5150 the whole time, notice how low the gain is set, and the green light indicating he's on the rhythm channel. There appears to be some pedals on top of his 5150...

Archived