Sovtek Mig Question.......

BrassMonkey

• Members

My Mig 60 was hand wired for the most part. I do have a sound clip of it boosted with an OD box that I can email to you if you want. The playing is sloppy and you can hear where I would get heavy handed and then light handed on with the pick. It was about 3 years ago and I had just bought a digital recorder so I was playing and tweaking the knobs trying to figure out what I was doing.

• Members

i had an early mig100h that was hand wired.most of it was built on turrett boards and the only things i ever had problems with it were the input jacks .the jacks from the factory were plastic but i had em changed over and the amp was bulletproof after that.
its been a couple of years ago but iirc the pots,jacks and tube sockets were all chassis mounted.

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStain

Oh wow. really handwired? I wouldnt' have thought so with the cheapie plastic jacks, but that's pretty awesome. Such a good value.

I peaked inside several times and mine came stock with metal jacks. Mine had chicken head knobs but I have seen others with the small round knobs. The chicken heads were sweet!

• 14 years later...
  • Members
On 2/3/2006 at 12:15 PM, PurpleStain said:

they're certainly not handwired. They dont' have the greatest construction, but not the worst either. They sound really good.

I dont know what year model you were looking at but my MIG 100 is hand wired also has ceramic tube seats. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OT but, I had a Sovtek tube midget as my first tube amp. It was 50 watts and had a lot of gain than I expected. unfortunately I didn't have any pedals so all I got was the tube gain it had. But it sounded quite mediocre. I threw it away before I got my record 3 years later. 🙄

Archived