My Sound Engineering EXPOSED - Take a look, You've no excuse to sound like shit now!

insurrection

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

My brother used to have a pretty metal home. He was an on-call guy for one of the local funeral homes here. This job entitles you to a free apartment in the back of the funeral home. A door in the kitchen leads to the embalming room. All he had to do was live there and if somebody died in the middle of the night you take out the company suburban to haul them home. Saw some pretty "interesting" things when I visited my bro.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

I actually heard that the funeral home business is a good one to be in if you can stand it.

The reason?? Dead people are free?? People always die....that's free business.

Yes, all the funeral home directors in my area are rich beyond belief.

• Members

Well, they didn't pay him all that much money but if you consider you get a free apartment and hardly ever have to do anything unless somebody dies he made out like a bandit! His dumbass eventually got fired for having too many parties. But yea, the owner is FILTHY {censored}ing rich!

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

I actually heard that the funeral home business is a good one to be in if you can stand it.

The reason?? Dead people are free?? People always die....that's free business.

The only thing that really costs the funeral home money is the land development really... you buy land for cheap, but then you usually have to level it, clear trees, etc.

Ira Handley is the director of this one, and he's a rich mofo too

• Members

Originally posted by insurrection

The only thing that really costs the funeral home money is the land development really... you buy land for cheap, but then you usually have to level it, clear trees, etc.

Ira Handley is the director of this one, and he's a rich mofo too

Are you talking about managing the plots and graveyards??

I don't think the places around here deal with that. THey're managed by churches I think.

I believe they just book em and cook em.....or enbalm them. That way they only need to worry about their own small building/business...not aquiring more land...which is always at a premium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by kensington

You remind me of this guy that started a band called Say Anything.

It's not as m/ as you... but, damn. You're crazy as all hell.

hahah! say anything is {censored}ing wicked!

i like bands like that with clever lyrics, the singer is one of those guys that could make fun of you to your face and make you like it.

• Members
Originally posted by Smokey

Can't D.L. the clips, linky notty worky.

I think your room is a good candidate for one of those clean up my space shows.
:D

Where's the Sabbath wall flag?
:idea:

Just go to my Necrophile myspace in my sig, it's done with the gear you see.

• Members

Originally posted by insurrection

:wave:
Howdy, alot of people ask me what gear I use and if I use a studio, etc. so I figured once and for all I'd clear that part of my life up, prepare yourself.

exposed1.JPG

Here's my direct-in setup, notice the mess - it gets worse.

Here circled in red is the cable I use to run from the RP7 to the line input of my computer. It consists of two radio shack converter ends and a standard Television AV cable running between the two. Notice only one side is plugged in - my cat chewed the other side to {censored} so it doesn't work, and you know what? I don't {censored}ing need it!

exposed2.JPG

Here is my Bellari Tube Channel RP-503 Mic Pre-Comp. I plug a AT-4033 mic into it for vocals, and use the same {censored}ty, broken radio shack AV cable to run the output of this into my PC for vocals.

exposed3.JPG

Here's where it starts getting good. That's a 1998 Gateway 500mhz, 12GB HD, 128kb SDRam, {censored}ty base-line SoundBlaster sound card. You begin to see my monitoring speaker setup too, that'll be covered later. The stale bag of Fritos laying in front of the PC makes it run better.

Notice the SINGLE SIDE of the AV cables running into the computers line input

Notice the stip of condoms laying on some other random {censored} - so I can grab instantly when needed (you'll see why later)

exposed4.JPG

A little airial view here, now you can clearly see my work station. The green thing you see is an '04 AlienWare laptop that I put my fist through, so it no longer works, but makes a nice keyboard elevator, no?

Notice my monitoring system. Those are the stock Boston speakers that came with this computer when I bought it. The other one is hidden behind the monitor so you cant see it, which also makes it harder to hear, but {censored} it, I don't need it. They are also on the wrong sides, my left speaker is on the right and vice versa - why? Because the cable isn't long enough for me to set it up right, but {censored} it, I don't need it.

exposed5.JPG

As you can see, my workstation is multifunctional - I also sleep there... and {censored} there... and whatever.

exposed6.JPG

Here's a wide angle view of my recording/living/{censored}ing/drug using premesis - just so you can get a better idea of my metal ness.

exposed7.JPG

Here is a shot from my bed, where I sleep and {censored}, gotta have a 60 inch widescreen high def, or you're just not {censored}ing metal. Notice my JCM 800 2204 over there waiting patiently to be rocked out upon. And also my smell-good utensils on top of the TV for when I need to get sexified and get some poon-flop.

Notice that there is no mixer, or interfaces, or {censored}ing fairy dust, just cheap bull{censored}.

Now for those that haven't heard you're probably wondering what all this sounds like, here you go:

Guitar/Bass/Drums/Dirty Vocals -
http://mysite.verizon.net/jfrickinp/flag.mp3

Clean & Dirty Vocals -
http://mysite.verizon.net/jfrickinp/seract.mp3
(the tesseract song)

You actually bring chicks home to that... looks like a fukin pigs stye... take it back a pig wouldn't live in that {censored}hole...

dude... seriously... ever thought of cleaning up or hiring a maid or some{censored}

I'm just saying...

• Members
Originally posted by Evil Clown

You actually bring chicks home to that... looks like a fukin pigs stye... take it back a pig wouldn't live in that {censored}hole...

dude... seriously... ever thought of cleaning up or hiring a maid or some{censored}

I'm just saying...

can you imagine asking a maid to come to a graveyard to clear up?

Im glad someone else sees the advantage of computing from bed, i dont need no stinking chair, my bed is my {censored}-station

James

Archived