Clip of arpeggios using Soldano HotRod50

Paragraph51

• Members
Originally posted by petelaramee

I'll register right after I eat. Delivery has arrived:D
:p:D

I was somewhat in a bind. I had used up all my mp3lizard storage, and people seemed to dig the stuff I had up there, so I wasn't thrilled with changing the most popular tunes out, and I have really wanted to be able to listen to all the clips that are posted there by members of this forum.

So, I figured what the heck, since Soundclick caters to original musicians and looks quite well designed and maintained, compared to a number of the other similar musician/band websites I've had experience with.

Lastly, 98% of my music isn't to be found on my PCs HD, as it's still on either CDr, Cassette or HiFiVHS format, and when I get around to making copies of it, there is a good chance I may find something amongst all the fluff and wanking that's a worthwhile listen, and will need a new place to put it out on the web.

• Members

I just jumped through the hoops to register and I still can't pull it up. However, it may be on my end because I may not have the updated version of window-visions-media-thing that plays the clip. I'll pull my thumb out of my ass and see if I can figure out all these dohickies.:freak:

• Members

I just jumped through the hoops to register and I still can't pull it up. However, it may be on my end because I may not have the updated version of window-visions-media-thing that plays the clip. I'll pull my thumb out of my ass and see if I can figure out all these dohickies.
:freak:

Try this clip, instead.:)http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=17738

and this one next:http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=18116

One's mellow and one's heavy. Neither are truly mellow or heavy, though.

• Members
One's mellow and one's heavy. Neither are truly mellow or heavy, though.

Hey, those were both great, they had great playing and really good sound. The Tsunami tune had fantastic layering to it. Even thought there were a handful of guitars with 40 pounds of verb and delay playing all at once nothing got in the way. Really good.:thu:

• Members

Hey, those were both great, they had great playing and really good sound. The Tsunami tune had fantastic layering to it. Even thought there were a handful of guitars with 40 pounds of verb and delay playing all at once nothing got in the way. Really good.
:thu:

Thanks. I am happy you liked them. :)

That's only two guitars...one is the one I used while playing the rhythm tracks with the drummer following me. That was using a SS stereo chorus amp and mic'd stereo and panned full L-R. The lead guitar went through some effects, a stereo delay and a cathedral reverb effect.

It was all done one take per instrument, no cuts or dubs or punching in or editing or remastering or anything. I happen to think live playing is the ideal, and if I can't do it on stage, then I won't do it in the studio. I have also always been a better player in a live with audience situation than I've ever been in the studio.

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

Nice as usual Paragraph51
:D

How would you compare that Soldano to your UL and which did you prefer?

Well, tonewise the L-13 had the best harmonic content, the HR50 was the most Marshall like in sound and feel, and the UL was just the most responsive and once the Slyvania 6L6GCs were in it, had enough organic feel in it's character to be nearly equal to the L-13, but did it without the extreme sagginess the L-13 possessed, which was my biggest gripe with the L-13. My gripe with the 1 channel HD50 was it had a certain midrange tonal character that couldn't be dialed out and it wasn't more than 6 months before I couldn't stand it.

Archived