SPAM: Brand New Tokai LS90Q - MIJ

* velcro-fly *

• Members

Brand new Tokai LS90Q Les Paul clone, lawsuit headstock, made in Japan. These guitars are on par with current Les paul Standards. This guitar has been in the USA less than 48 hours - I took it out of the box for pictures only and to inspect it, plugged it in to make sure everything was cool. Sounds killer - just like an LP should.

2 piece mahogony back, 2 piece carved maple top with a quilted maple veneer, Gotoh MK 2 PAF's. Satin finshed - great feel on the neck. Neck shape somewhere between a 59' and 60's Gibson feel. Guitar weighs about 8.5 lbs. Comes with styling Tokai gig bag.

LoveRock3.jpg

loverock2.jpg

f985e1f2.jpg

LoveRock5.jpg

Why am I selling it? I had wanted a different guitar from Tokai, was told it wasn't available and so ordered this, only to find out I could get the one I wanted, but it was too late to cancel this one .... So I got the other one too, it will be here next week :D Oh, and bought a Hamer Studio yesterday as well...getting my 24 3/4 ya ya's out.

$700 - no trades, must sell. This is a brand new guitar.

Steve E

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Bump for Steve, did business with the nut and he is top notch.

Yum.................Hamer goodness on the way huh???

Thanks man, yer a nut too :thu:

Dead mint 2000 Hamer Studio score....and another Tokai that will be here next week...aaahhhhhhhh.

Steve E

• Members

Originally posted by * velcro-fly *

Thanks man, yer a nut too
:thu:

Dead mint 2000 Hamer Studio score....and another Tokai that will be here next week...aaahhhhhhhh.

Steve E

Ha...cleaning my nuts out man, I have two more transactions to make and I am done. Herbert and custom shop Charvel.

Not going to blab about which plays better due to each player but fit and finish Hamer imo is right up there with the best and smokes Gibson.

• Members

I went to GC today bound and determined to come home with a Gibson Les Paul. I found a weird finish flaw on each and every one there, including the $4500 reissues. The was a buildup of lacquer running around the top of the guitar from the neck p-up up to the edge of the guitar. It was pocked with visible pinholes. The guy there told me it was part of Gibson's finishing process, and that it added "character" to the guitar. I told him it looked like a$$ and I wouldn't pay $2300 for a guitar with that obvious of a workmanship flaw. So, I'm turned off again to the whole Gibson experience.

Henry J, if you're out there, stop counting your money and take a good look in the mirror. YOU ARE RUNNING THAT COMPANY INTO THE GROUND!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

OK, rant over. I'll contact you tomorrow with a Paypal eMail and my address (again) Steve!!!!:D

• Members

Originally posted by daver102

I went to GC today bound and determined to come home with a Gibson Les Paul. I found a weird finish flaw on each and every one there, including the $4500 reissues. The was a buildup of lacquer running around the top of the guitar from the neck p-up up to the edge of the guitar. It was pocked with visible pinholes. The guy there told me it was part of Gibson's finishing process, and that it added "character" to the guitar. I told him it looked like a$$ and I wouldn't pay $2300 for a guitar with that obvious of a workmanship flaw. So, I'm turned off again to the whole Gibson experience.

Henry J, if you're out there, stop counting your money and take a good look in the mirror. YOU ARE RUNNING THAT COMPANY INTO THE GROUND!!!!!
:mad:

OK, rant over. I'll contact you tomorrow with a Paypal eMail and my address (again) Steve!!!!
:D

Dave -

You'll flip when you see the attention to detail on this one....this is the way Gibson should be doing the satin ones. The finish on this is head and shoulders better, the color is killer, and the quilt, albeit a veneer, looks just awesome. The pictures don't do this one justice.

Like you, I'm totally sold on them. Played a buddies LS150 that he paid $1200 brand new - and it was on par with the nicest G word Historic you can get....You can get a stoopid good LS380 for about $2400 with full Brazillian board, 5A tops, JM Rolph buckers, CTC pots, real Bumblebee caps, flawless nitro finish (no "character" pits) , leather bound hardshell case.

Here's a body shot of an LS320....

LS320.jpg

You can bet if I spend $2000 on a Les Paul type guitar it will be one of these.

Oh, and I'm sure I've got your address in one of the six or seven guitar transactions we've done :thu: Send it again anyways and we'll make sure it doesnt go to your neighbors house....heh.

Steve E

• Members

Originally posted by AbbeSauniere

What's the other Tokai that you have on the way? I own a LS200 and my longing for a Les Paul ended once I wrapped my hands around it! I'll be buried with my arms lovingly embracing this guitar.
:love:

Hey !

Yeah I bet your LS200 kicks major ass...kind of the odd rare bird with an ebony board if I'm not mistaken? Post some pics!

I've got a new LS85F on the way - Identical guitar to this except with a gloss finish and a flame top rather than quilt....I've got an LS135 on order and possibly an LS230 as well. Unknown when they'll start building the LS230's again, but I should see the LS135 in May or so....the G word exact equivalent of the LS135 would be a Historic 58' plaintop, except the finish on the Tokai will be perfect and the neck won't be a baseball bat :D Oh yeah, it will only be $1300 less too...

These guitars kick major ass.

Steve E

• Members

Not going to blab about which plays better due to each player but fit and finish Hamer imo is right up there with the best and smokes Gibson.

Well, here's a couple of shots of my incoming Studio - the guy says if there's a single thing I don't like about to send it back...if it's half as clean as he described and plays half as nice as the ones I played locally - she'll be a keeper :D

a7_1.JPG

fb_1.JPG

Steve E

• Members

Originally posted by AbbeSauniere

IMG_0037.jpg
Here's the only pic I have right now. Too lazy to break out the camera. Yeah, ebony fretboard. I did swap pickups though. Not that the stock ones weren't awesome, I was just looking for a different vibe. Damn, 3 Tokai Love Rocks on the way! You've got a problem.
:cool:

KICK FREAKIN ASS :eek::thu: That LS200 is awesome...just love that thing.

Regarding the Love Rocks on the way, yeah, I've got issues :D Realistically, I'm moving up the food chain but will only be able to keep one, maybe two. It may end up being an LS125F and the LS135, but that would be the equivalent of owning two G word Historics...I'm o.k. with that.

Thanks for the pics, now I'm jonesing....

Steve E

• Members

Well, here's a couple of shots of my incoming Studio - the guy says if there's a single thing I don't like about to send it back...if it's half as clean as he described and plays half as nice as the ones I played locally - she'll be a keeper

a7_1.JPG

fb_1.JPG

Steve E

Hot!

• Members

Well, here's a couple of shots of my incoming Studio - the guy says if there's a single thing I don't like about to send it back...if it's half as clean as he described and plays half as nice as the ones I played locally - she'll be a keeper

a7_1.JPG

fb_1.JPG

Steve E

Very nice! Here is a shot of my Monaco during paint, took a week to do the tobacco burst. I selected the top at the factory and this is considered a AAA by HAmer's standards.

monaco.jpg

• Members

Ahhh Davey san, the pearl from the oyster will be revealed with utmost confidence from the source. I apologize for any inconvenience you may suffer in your delay of information....

Steve E

Just go ahead and PM me that pearl, or feel free to call!!!!:D

• Members

Originally posted by daver102

Alright, money should be in your hands.....

No lie, I was on the internet last night, and I had just looked at Tokai's on evil bay when your's showed up.

Heh...I was actually just on my way out the door to ship it to you :thu:

The new Tokai stuff is hard to come by at the moment (Japanese built..) They've got no plans to build any higher models like LS230 on up until summer. I read that their moto is "quality, not quantity..."

Check yer p.m.'s sir ;)

Steve E

• Members

Very nice! Here is a shot of my Monaco during paint, took a week to do the tobacco burst. I selected the top at the factory and this is considered a AAA by HAmer's standards.

monaco.jpg

Wow, thats killer !

Have you seen the Hamer DVD ? let me know - if not, I'll drop it in the mail for a viewing :thu:

Steve E

• Members

Wow, thats killer !

Have you seen the Hamer DVD ? let me know - if not, I'll drop it in the mail for a viewing

Steve E

I burned copies of that cd for all the HOM dudes, even sent one to Olaf in Germany :D

BTW that is a very true video, I watched the guys hand filing the necks and doing the fret work with a hand press ;)

Archived