Europe vs Bon Jovi

dreamspace

• Members

so, who would you pick?

here's two bands that evolved same.

started out as rocking bands! went over to waaaaay more commercial rock 'round 1986-

from there they went to a more funky sound in the early 90s and then in the late 90s they started to rock again...

KILLER guitarists. and pretty good vocals back in the day.

I'd pick Europe :)

• Members

Even at their poseur-y-est, Europe eclipsed Bon Jovi in both Hair obnoxiousness as well as in the overall "fag factor." Carrie is a way sappier ballad than any BJ tune.

The other half being that John Norum could kick Ritchie's ass all the way down the street and back on guitar. That guy had some great chops and a mean Strat-in-Marshall tone.

• Members

I'll pick Norum or Marcello anyday over Ritchie but Europe is a blip on the radar screen compared to Bon Jovi, at least here in the USA. Bon Jovi is still selling out arenas and i could probably hire Europe to play my backyard Memorial Day party and nobody would know who they are.

Europe never wrote a song that broke through like Wanted, Living on a Prayer, or You Give Love a Bad Name.

• 15 years later...