microkorg battery life

• Members

Has anyone used their Microkorg with batteries?

do you get much time out of it?

I'm about to go on tour and was gonna take it along to help pass the time, (and drown out the chatter of the fuck head guitarist)

but I dont know if it is worth sepending the $$ on batteries if I only get an hour or so per set.

Anyone?

:thu:

• Members

Got several hours use out of rechargeable batteries in mine during hurricane last year while power was out. Didnt get to recharge the batteries of course till power was back on. Uses radio shack green nmh rechargeables which are about same life per charge as durecell alkalines. Not certain but thinks got a good 10-12 plus hrs use before they became too weak. Few days use.

• Members

If you're going to use batteries, it's probably worth it to get a good set of rechargeables and a fast charger. That's a lot of batteries!

I used a bunch of cheap rechargeables and a cheap charger for the MK, but it wasn't practical. The batteries didn't hold the charge long. They took a long time to charge. And I kept forgetting to turn off the MK.

Since then, I got a 4-battery Duracell charger as a gift (for a digital camera). The thing takes 15 minutes to charge the batteries, and they last. I'm thinking I'll get one for the MK eventually, if I can find one that charges enough batteries.

I love love LOVE my closed-back headphones when I'm on tour! I've been using them with my laptop, editing audio and messing with soft synths. It would be nice to program the MK during long van rides, which I actually use on stage (unlike the laptop). Lucky for me, there are no f@*k heads in the band, but the lead singer is prone to verbal diarrhea when he's bored-- and when he runs out of nonsense to say, he starts spouting noises at irregular intervals. "Duuuuurp!" :facepalm: Sigh.

Archived