Is/was this really Robbin Crosby? 80's dudes inside

• Members

I think it was the one night stands.

I wasn't real sure watching the video, but at the end when he lifts his head up. I think it was him.

I watched the "Wanted Man" video down from that to make sure and Crosby had those knarly catapillar eye brows (yuk)and trippy shaped eyes.

I think it was.

Funny watching that "Wanted Man" how similar Warren and Lynch have the same picking hand style and some of the legato stuff. Even almost the same body/look. LOL

• Members

thats robin before he died, aids really messed him up.

its sad, around the time that ratt was getting back together in 98 or 99 they told him he couldnt go on the poison tour with them. they thought he couldnt play anymore and was too over wieght. he took it really hard.

• Members

Originally posted by petelaramee

My immediate family is dealing with an advanced case of hiv/aids and it's horrible. I would not wish that illness on my worst ememy.

That's terrible...I'm sorry to hear:(

• Members

My immediate family is dealing with an advanced case of hiv/aids and it's horrible. I would not wish that illness on my worst ememy.

Oh man. Sorry if posting this upset you. I don't want to seem insensetive. I just though a lot of the RATT fans on this board would find that video interesting. It's a last glimpse at one of my hereo's. When I was in my early teens nothing was cooler than watching Robbin jam on that red Jackson V.

• Members

+1 One of my best friends contracted the illness via tainted blood after a bad motorcycle accident (late 80s). Watched him rot away and suffer badly for the next few years after that (pre-cocktail days) :cry: His suffering was compounded by all of the the hate and fears of others. Everyone he knew disowned him and he died a horrible death basically all alone. Truly fucking horrible scenario!!! :mad:

My heart goes out to you and your family....

:(

• Members
Oh man. Sorry if posting this upset you. I don't want to seem insensetive. I just though a lot of the RATT fans on this board would find that video interesting. It's a last glimpse at one of my hereo's. When I was in my early teens nothing was cooler than watching Robbin jam on that red Jackson V.

Hey - don't worry about it. If everyone was worried about the possibility of being insensitive to everyone else life would be pretty damn boring. The main reason I come on here is the jokes anyway. Oh, and the boobie threads! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by dinrodef

Ratt was my absolute favorite band when I was a little kid...first saw the video to Round and Round and just totally flipped out

I liked his playing in that video...it was perfect for the song.

RIP Robbin Crosby

Me too. When I was a freshman/sophmore in high school, I wanted to be Warren DiMartini. I think I was more in love with the tone than the lyrical content.

It is a shame that the band exploded like they did. That band is more worthy of VH1's behind the music than any band I'v seen. They had issues before they even got famous.