Yngwie car crash in 87 - incredible story!

ScottIans Beard

• Members

Something i never knew about Yngwie. Its incredible, what dedication he must have. His 1988 Album Odyssey is one of my favourites.

1987 - (June 22nd) Yngwie has a near fatal car crash, wrapping his Jaguar (as featured in the 'You Don't Remember...' video) around a tree, Yngwie broke the steering wheel with his head. The impact caused a blood clot on Yngwie's brain which left him in a coma for a week, when he finally woke Yngwie's right hand was paralysed. It is testament to Yngwie's dedication and ability on the guitar that he was able to make a full recovery.

http://www.theguitarfiles.com/guitarfile105.html

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I love statements like this. Its of course, your opinion and youre welcomed to it. Im just curious who you like better..

I love the fact that there are people who come into an obvious Yngwie thread just to post "YNGWIE IS TEH SUXOR! FOOKING FJURY LOLZ" :rolleyes:

• Members

Yes, I do think he is a boring wanker, but i CANNOT deny he has skills i will almost certainly never come to aquire. I can appreciate his tremendous talents, i just find him irritating. I think he tries too hard to "shred as much as possible and as fast as possible" and completely forgets ANYTHING about actually writing a song. Perhaps he knows this and is what he actually wants to do, i just find it borring myself.

• Members

Originally posted by ScottIans Beard

I thought the thread would turn nasty.

I was just amazed by the resiliance and determination of the guy and wanted to share. A coma, and a paralyzed hand would knock lesser people down. If this had been someone more popular then the replies would be far different
:rolleyes:

Just in case you've never noticed, check out Jason Becker. Now *that's* determination.

Also, Dave Mustaine to a lesser extent, he trapped a nerve whilst sleeping on his arm or something :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

Just in case you've never noticed, check out Jason Becker. Now *that's* determination.

Also, Dave Mustaine to a lesser extent, he trapped a nerve whilst sleeping on his arm or something
:eek:

Yeah, im a big fan of both those guys. However, they are both well documented. Id never heard this about Yngwie. I figured if i hadnt, a fair few others wouldnt have either

• Members

Originally posted by ScottIans Beard

I thought the thread would turn nasty.

I was just amazed by the resiliance and determination of the guy and wanted to share. A coma, and a paralyzed hand would knock lesser people down. If this had been someone more popular then the replies would be far different
:rolleyes:

I was just joking around. You have to agree the Lars thing is funny. ;)

For the record, I think Yngwie is totally a badass! I've also been to see him live. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by insurrection

Yngwie has demanded my respect for years. Even his sometimes assholeish interviews have a weird overtone of truth that makes it all okay. And he's an excellent player.

You said it dude. But somehow i tend to overlook the assholeish attitude he radiates in interviews. He's an artist; i guess that's what they call artistic license after all. Maybe if he didn't have that kind of up-front personality his playing would be a lot different.

• Members

Yngwie is a great guitarist and a great composer. I wouldn't say that he tries to play everything as fast as he can, I've heard he's not too quick on the tennis court! ;)

Seriously, what is wrong with someone having an attitude as great as their talent? A lack of humility doesn't discount someone's abilities, it is just one of their weaknesses.

Derek