Test drove a Madison Divinity today...

The Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by xMadiMx

Well in particular one of the like 5 bands everybody seems to worship on here and want whatever amps/guitars/cabs they use plus is one of the main bands on Ozzfest this year.

As for the Krank mine sounded good, but from what people say on here they don't all sound the same, and most say they like the model I had best of the 2. Either way you slice it I still got God Forbid and Arch Enemy to leave Peavey and though lots of the bands who started using them quit doing so both of the bands I brought are still using them.

That is very cool P ublic R ectum M ike.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More clarity from a Cobra? I don't think so. To say that it sounds generic makes me think that you are trolling. It has its own thing goin' on for sure. In the end, different people have different tastes. Hell, I think that my Divinity blows away both Powerballs and the Cobra that I had. The only Pitbull that I ever played(this was several years ago and I don't remember what model), didn't do a thing for me. Too stiff and dry.

• Members

I think people are maybe bashing the Divinity because it is popular right now.

Its human nature.

Oh well. I would play an amp that everyone hated if it sounded good to me.

I just don't give a f@%$ if people don't like my gear.

• Members

Originally posted by Wolf-Gain

BLAH. It's gonna sound like I'm trolling, but it's my honest assessment. I was completely unimpressed, and thought it was pretty generic sounding.

You used the wrong pick and were facing due south during your assessment. Winds were at 5 mph and there was a cold front moving through. Based on these variables, I believe a shift in pressure forced your hand to plug into the wrong amp, thus the non "boing" factor.

:D

Seriously though, I'm going strictly on sound with the Divinity and hopefully the amp will hold up on the reliability side. I guess everyone is different with tone. I knew immediately upon plugging in that I liked the sound of the amp. I haven't got that feeling with alot of amps that I really thought I would love. I got that instant gratification with the Peavey Triple-XXX and JSX but not with the ENGL Fireball or Marshall Splawn. Strange...

• Members

Originally posted by Skunks

Stop the trolling and flame-baiting or this thread is history. Got that, Riffy?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It should be made a sticky just to show your colors.

You apparently know diddly about the background. xMadimx wprked long and hard on someone's Krank to earn his less than kleen rep.

Apparently he's now latched on yours.

• Members

Originally posted by Skunks

Stop the trolling and flame-baiting or this thread is history. Got that, Riffy?

LOL, I am the troll here huh. You surely have a firm grasp of the dynamics of this forum.... Goodness.

Guys, ya think the guy who is banned PRMike, reported me?

• Members

Originally posted by Wolf-Gain

BLAH. It's gonna sound like I'm trolling, but it's my honest assessment. I was completely unimpressed, and thought it was pretty generic sounding. IMO it was trying to be a 5150/Recto, but not quite either. I got bored of it rather quickly.

On the upside, I plugged into my new VHT at home and was instantly greeted with real tone, clarity, responsiveness in the EQ, and nice chunky mids.

Madison = Hype
:freak:

*ducks*
:p

I'm only posting cause I agree 100% with you. Not trolling I swear!:D

Tried a Divinity at ampfest Saturday, with my own guitar and a super high quality cab.. and it sounded like complete ass. I just don't get the hype with these things. Theres nothing there, nothing redeemable at all with these amps, other than price.

• Members

Originally posted by DirrtyCraig

I'm only posting cause I agree 100% with you. Not trolling I swear!
:D

Tried a Divinity at ampfest Saturday, with my own guitar and a super high quality cab.. and it sounded like complete ass. I just don't get the hype with these things. Theres nothing there, nothing redeemable at all with these amps, other than price.

I don't agree man. There have already been lot's of sound clips that sounded great not to mention really satisfied customers that own them from bedroom players to touring musicians. Anyway like everyone says tone is all subjective and at least we agree about the Splawn amps kicking all kinds of ass but then again some people out there think they suck too. All these opinios are enough to make you bug out like a pug :freak:

Derek:D

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

I don't agree man. There have already been lot's of sound clips that sounded great not to mention really satisfied customers that own them from bedroom players to touring musicians. Anyway like everyone says tone is all subjective and at least we agree about the Splawn amps kicking all kinds of ass but then again some people out there think they suck too. All these opinios are enough to make you bug out like a pug
:freak:

Derek:D

After owning a Splawn modded Marshall I will totally agree that they kick all kinds of butt... A lot of people didn't like my rhythm tones with the Splawn but I did. I LOVED the lead tones with that amp though. I will be willing to wager that the complete Splawn builds are even more butt kicking!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

They are much more and that's why I sold my modded 800 reissue.

Derek:cool:

I will get to hear and play a Competition soon and will weigh in with my opinion then. I wish my friend had gotten the QuickRod though...lol

Gary

• Members

I can't be accused of being a part of the so called "hype", I've had mine for almost a year now and I'm still in love :love: . I was the one and only person on this site that had one and I praised it just as much back then. I can't say that they should be everyones cup of tea but there's no reason at all anybody should say they sound bad. It's my personal belief that you can't find this tone/versatility for the buck in ANY other amp currently made. I don't really like VHT's or Framus' but apparently many people do so even though I may not care for the tone doesn't mean they sound bad.

On that note, my true belief (and I apologize if I'm wrong) is that you're a troll that has never played the amp and you are merely jealous of its sudden popularity.

• Members

Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

I can't be accused of being a part of the so called "hype", I've had mine for almost a year now and I'm still in love
:love:
. I was the one and only person on this site that had one and I praised it just as much back then. I can't say that they should be everyones cup of tea but there's no reason at all anybody should say they sound bad. It's my personal belief that you can't find this tone/versatility for the buck in ANY other amp currently made. I don't really like VHT's or Framus' but apparently many people do so even though I may not care for the tone doesn't mean they sound bad.

On that note, my true belief (and I apologize if I'm wrong) is that you're a troll that has never played the amp and you are merely jealous of its sudden popularity.

Me??? Why in the world would I be jealous of an amps popularity?

That is if you are referring to me...

• Members

one thing i've noticed is that most of the people that try mine don't like it at first, but after messing with it for a bit, get extremely stoked about it. craig had it on for about 1 minute or less, so i think he needs to try it again and mess with it :p . guitarist17 came over to my house one day to check it out, and was not at all impressed at first, but played on it for about a half hour and left saying he absolutely had to have one.

but i can see why some people may not like it, i just don't see how anyone can say it's complete crap.

Archived