Divinity Truth

tech@madison

• Members
Originally posted by DirrtyCraig

Of course all the non-giggin players took offense to that comment,, hahaha. thats soooo typical of the HC crowd.
:thu:

I thought you were through with this place and all us bedroom wankers. I guess that makes you an egomaniac and a liar.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by xiwiwix

No.

Its for CONSUMERS!!! Plain and simple. That's why we have different "classes" of wealth here in America. Go to Chine if you don't want to have a choice.

A Plexi can be for what/where ever the person that bought it.

Whats up with this stupid "wrong & right" application of gear? That's freak'n retarded!!! Why don't you go bother collectors? They are not even using the gear at all.
:freak:

Take Care

well said.....minus the typos....:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

You know, if the Divinity guy and DirtyCraig got together, they could probably build the ULTIMATE gigging amp!!! Nothing could touch it, NOTHING.

It would be covered in zebra tolex and have a fourth channel for twinkie dispensing, no doubt

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

It all depends on what the amp is being used for. The bottom line is, it's moronic for a company that sells amplifiers to alienate such a large potential customer base with an insult that by and large, is based on personal opinion only, and is directed at those who in many/most cases, have more money than average gigging Joe because they also have day jobs.

Why does it matter to him where the amp is being used? It doesn't, he just felt it necessary to throw that in there as a way of attacking the credibility of these peoples opinion. Unfortunately, it's a poor strategy.

And yeah, perhaps a plexi is the "wrong" bedroom amp, but what are you going to get that sounds like it that
is
a bedroom amp? There isn't anything, just like you can't replace the MKIV with a "bedroom" level amp... whatever that is.

Said it better than I did, I guess that's why educations are so important. :thu:

Take Care

• Members

I love my Madison. I don't think it sounds like ass. It has replaced my Splawn, Mesa Mk3, and ampeg Vh-140c. If you want noise and hum plug into my old Mark 3 before I sold it, I spent way to much time tweaking the Mk3 to even really enjoy it. The Madison really excels at extreme volumes. My other amps sound seemed to fall apart as the volume went up no matter how I set them. If my Madison blew up and died then I would definetly go back to the Splawn but I need to find a good boost pedal for that amp. And before you say it I am not a fan boy or some other stupid term, I am just a musician trying to find my sound without spending my kids college money. 2k-4k for an amp will never be a feasible price for me unless a lottery ticket has my name on it:D

• Members

King of the Bedroom warriors has spoken!!

Don't you have a martini or something to drink before you take a dip in your luxurious pool? I don't get why you're here amongst so many likeminded underacheivers when you could be living the big life, hanging with other unknown bar players.

• Members

I am a gigging musician, and even though I play out, at least half of my playing time is done in my basement at lower than stage volume......while the wife and kids are upstairs.

So this non-giging vs. gigging thing just doesn't play.

Not to mention that Peavey is a bad name to offer up when the quality and dependability of your product is in question.

I haven't been posting here for long, but I have been reading and lurking for over a year. I have gotten alot of good, accurate information from JerryP's posts.

• Members

Originally posted by ejecta

I thought you were through with this place and all us bedroom wankers. I guess that makes you an egomaniac and a liar.

Its like crack and bangin' your Mom, I just can never get enough.

Plus its funny watching all you guys suck eachothers dicks all day.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

It would be covered in zebra tolex and have a fourth channel for twinkie dispensing, no doubt

Plus when you get your amp you get a Divinity t-shirt with the sleeves already cut out and free trial subcription of rogain.

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Where are the fanboy owners of this amp, they are very entertaining to say the least
:D

Yeah, +1 to killing this {censored}ing attitude.

And to all the other smack talkers who don't actually own the amp, this might not be the thread for ya. Two pages of grammar comments by people not involved is a bit unproductive.

That said.

I must say I am disappointed in this response from Andy. It is defensive, and tries to justify the missteps his company has made, not rectify them (no pun intended). I like the sounds I have heard from the amp, and was really hoping to get some issues taken care of.

JerryP obviously knows what he is talking about, and really doesn't seem to have an agenda to bash another manufacturers amp for no reason. He has raised solid concerns that I feel have not been addressed by the company.

I understand that Andy has had to make tough decisions in starting his business. I also understand that just about every person who I know who works on amps is a bit... odd. :D
I was really hoping for a gesture of good fath, however, and I didn't get it, and it leads me towards the more negative side of this argument.

If I can send my Divinity to Jerry, and get it tarted up all nice for a few hundred bucks, I'll do it in a heartbeat, and end up with an amp I will like more than my JSX, for about the same price, and I am cool with that.

But nothing in Andy's comments make me want to support the Madison company, sadly.

• Members

Its like crack and bangin' your Mom, I just can never get enough.

Plus its funny watching all you guys suck eachothers dicks all day.

Wow I havnt gotten a your mamma come back since 5th grade. How old are you? Come on... is that the best you can do?

Archived