Official 5150/6505+ SETTINGS Room

joeyinflames

• Members

how do you like the voodoo mod? which mod do you have?

Platinum, and honestly after spending the whole day batting between that and the Uberschall, I've decided with my situation this would be better for me. Now, after 2 hours of dabbling with settings, i have 2 (one with one without the sonic maximizer) settings i like to use. It makes it a whole different beast, it isnt as raw but still holds its brutality. Its like a swift violent killer and not so much a slaughterhouse.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Platinum, and honestly after spending the whole day batting between that and the Uberschall, I've decided with my situation this would be better for me. Now, after 2 hours of dabbling with settings, i have 2 (one with one without the sonic maximizer) settings i like to use. It makes it a whole different beast, it isnt as raw but still holds its brutality. Its like a swift violent killer and not so much a slaughterhouse.

right on, do you know exactly what the platinum does tonaly?

*edit* i read the description on the website, it kinda gave me an idea of what it is. id love to get an original 5150 instead of my II and get the deluxe mod, so it'd be just like the Adam D 5150 that has been on so many records. :love:

• Members

right on, do you know exactly what the platinum does tonaly?

makes every drop of gain usable and not all fizzy/muddy. cleans up a lot of the slop in the mid lows and makes the highs crystal clear. the clean channel is exceptionally impressive, just sounds like a whole different amp. I'm going to record some clips this next week so I can finally put some up. You can hear it with another guitar on my bands myspace down below. thats one of our tone tests, its a random setting i just kinda dialed in that evening, similiar to the one i posted.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

6505+ lead channel

pre-5
low-6
mid-4
high-7
post-between 2 and 3

resonance-6
presence-5

boosted with TS-9 with drive on 0, level on 10, tone at noon

preamp tubes are the stock JJ's/EH's and the power tubes are a matched quad of JJ's..thanks in part to guitar center giving me the amp "brand new" with two 6L6GE's that were ancient in there next to two rubys..bought the amp anyways and picked a quad and tossed em in. sounds mint.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by squealies6505 View Post
6505+ lead channel

pre-5
low-6
mid-4
high-7
post-between 2 and 3

resonance-6
presence-5

boosted with TS-9 with drive on 0, level on 10, tone at noon

preamp tubes are the stock JJ's/EH's and the power tubes are a matched quad of JJ's..thanks in part to guitar center giving me the amp "brand new" with two 6L6GE's that were ancient in there next to two rubys..bought the amp anyways and picked a quad and tossed em in. sounds mint.
same settings minus the boost.

• Members

After a few years of trying everything here is what I have settled with.

I quit using a boost.

6505+

pre-7 here lately been at 6 though
low-8
mid-3 drop c mid-5 drop b
high-5
resonance-8
presence-5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

what i can't figure out (might be realllllllly easy but im making it complicated) is that when i have my bass and res even on 5, with an epi les paul standard, and with the post on 2-3 going through my 1960B, the sound is SO bassy..i had to turn them back to 4..yet on here everyones got it up at 7 and 8! i know EMG's are thinner, but does anybody with passives on here run the bass high and not have any issues? it sounds extremely over the top to me..could just be the way my house is too..idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by squealies6505

View Post

what i can't figure out (might be realllllllly easy but im making it complicated) is that when i have my bass and res even on 5, with an epi les paul standard, and with the post on 2-3 going through my 1960B, the sound is SO bassy..i had to turn them back to 4..yet on here everyones got it up at 7 and 8! i know EMG's are thinner, but does anybody with passives on here run the bass high and not have any issues? it sounds extremely over the top to me..could just be the way my house is too..idn_smilie.gif

What's your post gain at?

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a used 6505+, and after a few weeks of constant tweaking, I came up with these settings for the lead channel.

Through a Marshall 1960 A:

Gain - 6
Bass - 7
Middle - 3
High - 3
Volume - 2 - 3 (depending on the genre of music)
Resonance - 10
Presence - 0

Through an oversized Diezel 2x12 with DARK stock Eminence speakers:

Gain - 6
Bass - 6
Middle - 4
High - 4
Volume - 2 - 4 (depending on the genre of music)
Resonance - 6
Presence - 0

These settings are as close as I can get to replicating the vintage Al Di Meola tone (not his current tone facepalm.gif) from the Romantic Warrior album.

Clean channel (if there's such a thing on this amp icon_lol.gif)

Gain - 0.5 (to eliminate as much break-up as possible)
Bass - 10
Middle - 0
High - 0
Volume - 5-6
Resonance - 10
Presence - 0

And it STILL sounds like a tin can mad.gif

Archived