Official 5150/6505+ SETTINGS Room

joeyinflames

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How come everyone keeps their volume at 2-4? Is that band situations? Cause I find eq-ing way different alone than band situations. I keep my volume up to 5-7, struggling with my band's volume. :freak: But, I do use a 1x15 though...is that the issue here?

I do wanna get a 4x12 soon though, even though my back says no. Looking at vader, vht, framus, splawn, marshall, mesa, etc. just anything that heavy enough for metal/hardcore.

• Members

Originally posted by Dimes Bag

How come everyone keeps their volume at 2-4? Is that band situations? Cause I find eq-ing way different alone than band situations. I keep my volume up to 5-7, struggling with my band's volume.
:freak:
But, I do use a 1x15 though...is that the issue here?

I do wanna get a 4x12 soon though, even though my back says no. Looking at vader, vht, framus, splawn, marshall, mesa, etc. just anything that heavy enough for metal/hardcore.

somethings not right, cuz that high volume would overpower the entire band or blow your 1x15

• Members

Originally posted by GibsonSG

+1

I turned mine up to around 5 one time thru my G-flex and hit a power chord and it was rattling the hell out of everything in my house.

HAHHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, man you should never have to go past 3-4 on your volume in a band situation. I cant even imagine that wow.

Honeslty, just buy a cheap 4x12 for now, cause your going to damager your head that way.

• Members

6505+ with JJ's and a BIAS Mod - Tubes running at 48.9 volts

Pre = 7.5

Bass = 7

Mid = 4-5

Treble = 6-7

Resonence = 6

Presence = 6

EMG 81 & Mode 4 MF280 Cab

IT'S MONSTA FOR THE TOUGH GUY HARDCORE WE ROCK...!!!

When I use with VHT Bottom cabs I have the presence and treble lower and the mids higher...

• Members

update:

lead

Pre Gain - 8

Low - 7

Middle - 4

High - 6

Post Gain - 2

Resonance - 4

Presence - 7

god i want to start a hardcore band SOON. that tone defines hardcore!

with the sg tuned to drop Bb, its awesome - but with my v (emgs) in the same tuning, its a bit nicer saturation, but sounds a tid more processed. we will see what i want to do. how much different will an ltd viper 1000 sound in the same tuning, than my sg? regardless, my sg NEED sperzel tuners, cuz these gibsons blow. haha

• Members

Saw more 5150 slamming over in OpenJam today....don't be shocked if those brainstems wander over here, talking {censored} about the 5150

5150 JerryP modded

Pre 5.5

Low 4.5

Mid 6.0

High 5.5

Post 3-3.5

Res 7

Pres 4

• Members

here are mine

lead channel 5150 sig w/ jj's and eh pres. sovtek wxt+ power

pre-5

bass-5.5

mid-7

treb-6

resonance-4.5

presence-7

i use a mxr super comp in front with the level dimed and the other knobs at zero.

isp decimator

jackson dinky w/emg 81

Archived