Mid: 5
High: 5
Res: 8
Pres: 6

Ibanez TS808 settings:
Drive: 0
Tone: 0
Level: All the way up

These are my current settings they sound pretty good, im getting an EMG 85 in the bridge soon, so ill be wanting to mess with it. I'm interested in seeing what others similiar to the style i play are using setting wise.

• Members
Originally posted by tomresurrection
Lead Channel on the 6505+

Pre: 5
Low: 8
Mid: 5
High: 5
Res: 8
Pres: 6

Ibanez TS808 settings:
Drive: 0
Tone: 0
Level: All the way up

These are my current settings they sound pretty good, im getting an EMG 85 in the bridge soon, so ill be wanting to mess with it. I'm interested in seeing what others similiar to the style i play are using setting wise.
I still dont understand how you get saturation with the gain only on 5. that is just too low for brutal modern metal tones.

• Members
Originally posted by Chrisjd

I still dont understand how you get saturation with the gain only on 5. that is just too low for brutal modern metal tones.
The boost beefs it up a lot, and i dont know. I get a heavy sound out of my setup. On a day i feel like playing a little more sloppy ill juice up the drive on my TS808 a little. But i never have gone past 6 on the 5150's gain.

• Members

Lead channel obviously with a 5150 cab . . . I also run a wet/dry/wet setup.

Gain - 5.8
Bass - 6.2
Mids - 8.1
Highs - 6.9
Volume - hopefully above 3
Res - 3.5
Pres - 7.9

The 5150 cab is fairly dark and I like a lot of bite to my sound.

• Members
Originally posted by 5150GSX
Lead channel obviously with a 5150 cab . . . I also run a wet/dry/wet setup.

Gain - 5.8
Bass - 6.2
Mids - 8.1
Highs - 6.9
Volume - hopefully above 3
Res - 3.5
Pres - 7.9

The 5150 cab is fairly dark and I like a lot of bite to my sound.
thats a good setup. What is wet/dry/wet setup mean? also, how would your 5150 cab sound compared to my mesa 4x12 cab with v30's?

• Members
Originally posted by Chrisjd
On the 5150, 5 is plenty of gain, but the 5150IIs have less.
My gear is in my sig. mesa 4x12 recto cab. all my guitars have emg 81's in them.
yeah, i know i used to have a regular 5150. i ran the gain at about 4.

the thing is, these amps are really inconsistant. in the same day i played my friends 5150 II, then my 6505+. Same cabinets same setup. Sounded alot different.
the tubes could be it, but his amp was very hissy, noisey, and more trebley. Mine was more smooth and had a nicer lead tone to it and chunk to it.

• Members

yeah, i know i used to have a regular 5150. i ran the gain at about 4.

the thing is, these amps are really inconsistant. in the same day i played my friends 5150 II, then my 6505+. Same cabinets same setup. Sounded alot different.
the tubes could be it, but his amp was very hissy, noisey, and more trebley. Mine was more smooth and had a nicer lead tone to it and chunk to it.
being totaly honest, what sounded more aggresive and pissed-off, your 5150 or the 6505+?

• Members

Block letter 5150, Sylvania tubes

Rhythm Channel, crunch switch in, bright switch out, high gain input, boosted with a Maxon OD 808

Pre Gain - 6.5
Low - 5.5
Middle - 6
High - 6.5
Post Gain - 2.0
Resonance - 4
Presence - 6.5

Maxon OD808 settings

Gain - 0
Volume - 10
Tone - 4

I use those settings with my Caparison (EMG85/S) in C tuning with a Bogner Uberkab. (V30/G12T75 mix)

• Members
Mark, for this clip

http://dl.mp3lizard.com/megadeth7684/Intro-5150.mp3

Do you remember your settings, and what cabinet/guitar setup?
It was the same setup I listed above (Caparison/EMG85, Uberkab, OD808) and I believe the settings were pretty similar. I might have bumped up the bass/resonance a bit since there's no palm mutes in that song, but for the most part, pretty much the same as what I posted.

• Members
Originally posted by joeyinflames
hardcore tone settings? i mean, presence on 10 makes it really highgainy, but at high volume, kills my ears.
Lead channel:

Pre Gain - 5
Low - 7
Mid - 4
High - 7
Resonance - 4
Presence - 6

That's pretty close to Throwdown. Although I refuse to call them a hardcore band anymore. They only tour with metal bands now, and could give a {censored} less about hardcore and hardcore kids. the music is just breakdown after breakdown...gets really boring really fast. Although I did like their latest effort....Vendetta was a fun record the first few spins.

• Members

Joey, you didnt post your settings.

What you running right now?

really kinda messing with the settings - but as of right now they are:

lead

Pre Gain - 7.5

Low - 8.5

Middle - 7

High - 4.5

Post Gain - sounds best around 2/3

Resonance - 7