Used Keyboards in $100-$300 range?

• Members

I know these kinds of questions get thrown around a lot around here, but hopefully you'll understand the need for mine. I have a Clavinova top that I could use for stage performances, but it's really too heavy for me to carry around easily. I also have a Nord Electro 61-note piano. However, what I really need, is just a good, durable 88-key hammer action, weighted keyboard that's light enough for me to toss in my pickup and take to a few gigs I have coming up in the next couple months.

What are some good older keyboard models, 88 keys, weighted action, hammer-action, that I can find on ebay/craigslist/classifieds that will keep me short of say $300? Preferably, keyboards that have stood the test of time - ie, models that I should look out for because they're "good," not just cheap. :) I know it's hard to get "good" and "cheap" together, but there has to be something, right? Right? Am I right? Or just crazy?

Thanks!

• Members
  • Members

Well, kinda helped, and thanks! But I'm really looking for (and will edit my original post to state this) something that's a bit more "time-tested." I just don't know older models that well, and don't know which ones are things to look out for (that are also in a pretty low price range).

• Members

Look at the later model Casio digital pianos. They have quite a reputation of being quality units, not the cheap toys that Casio is famous for.

CDP-100, etc.

Edit - I see the original reply linked to these. In that price range, they are by far the best, new or used.

• Members

Wow, NeonMarmot, it looks like you pointed me in the right direction to begin with, and I apologize for doubting you. Do you guys know if the CDP has 1/4" outs on it? It doesn't look like it from the specs, and I can't find anything with my google-fu that refutes that.

ChristianRock, i like the QS8 a lot, but it's average price is a bit higher than what I'm looking for in a beat-em-up unit at the moment. They tend to be going for Around $500 locally, and ebay keeps them around that price as well, it seems.

Archived