Slightly OT: Best Movie Scores Ever

ElectricPuppy

• Members

You mean the lift off scene ?!?!?! One of the Best Parts of the Movie, IMO. And that whole Raggae/Police theme going on at the same time, classic.

Edit: I prefer to refer to the movie as a cult classic.....

eh pass. for me, that'd be like the timewarp showing up in lifeforce. just doesn't work for me.. love it otherwise.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So many great film sound tracks out there. This thread seems to be specifically about mostly original scores, but I'll go ahead anyway and add the work that Oliver Stone and Trent Reznor did compiling the music for Natural Born Killers. From the opening with Leonard Cohen's Waiting for the Miracle to the closing with Leonard Cohen's The Future, everything just works perfectly. The movie actually introduced me to Cohen when I was a teenager and he quickly became my favorite musical artist. Then you have the Cowboy Junkies, Barry Adamson, Patti Smith, (more artists the film introduced me to), Peter Gabriel, etc., just a really great soundtrack.

As far as original scores go...

The Usual Suspects

Twin Peaks: FWWM

MullHolland Drive

Deadringers

Halloween

Brazil

Here's one that qualifies if only for the last scene...

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

And a film and soundtrack which never seems to quite get the respect it I personally think it really deserves...

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Bad Boys (earlier Sean Penn version, not the Will Smith one)

The Incredibles

Pirates Of The Caribbean

Pink Panther (da-da da-dum, da-dum...) or pretty much any Henry Mancini movie theme

Fifth Element

Die Hard

The Italian Job (the percussive soundtrack in the theme and during the suspensive moments are mesmerizing)

Victory (80s WWII movie with awe-inspiring theme)

Amadeus (how can you not love Mozart)

Escape from New York way-cool analog synth soundtrack

The Sting

Archived