Slightly OT: Best Movie Scores Ever

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have been listening lately to The Mission and Belly of an Architect. Great stuff. But I'm definitely a sucker for pretty much any score by John Williams. I think you really have to consider genre, too. For what they set out to do, can either Jaws or Halloween be topped? But to answer the question, I might have to go with Bladerunner. I know, I know, but it really is that good.

• Members

One of the most beautiful compositions I've ever heard. It perfectly fits the theme of a vengeful, majestic creature:)

You have to watch the film to listen to the score in context. 4 minutes and a random picture montage don't do it justice.

Link:

[YOUTUBE]c_icVqP1ADA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I know in the majoritive sense, video games don't count, however I would like to mention the Myst series. Since the first game, the soundtrack has been just as important to the game as the game itself. Not to mention Myst probably was one of the first games to feature a non MIDI soundtrack right next to Quake and a few other notable mentions.

• Members

House of 1,000 Corpses. Especially Slim Whitman's "I Remember You" during the sheriffs' discovery scene and Buck Owens' "Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass" as we pan down onto Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen.

• Members

Ha ha! I just bought the ORCA DVD for $5. I remember that music. Kind of like the BORN FREE of fish (sorry, sea mammal) movies!

STAR WARS is my all time favorite.

I don't know about "Best Ever" but I enjoy Moroder's work in the late 70's/early 80's. Midnight Express is the work of a genius

Yep! CAT PEOPLE is one of my all time faves! Watch this...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I'm currently enjoying 28 WEEKS LATER, by John Murphy. It's even better than the original 28 DAYS. Cuts of it were used in the AVATAR trailer.

• Members

and they cut the innuendo montage

You mean the lift off scene ?!?!?! One of the Best Parts of the Movie, IMO. And that whole Raggae/Police theme going on at the same time, classic.

Edit: I prefer to refer to the movie as a cult classic.....

Archived