Buzzing/vibration sound in amp on low notes - help please

Remedy

• Members

UPDATE-

I managed to get the amp apart - had to unscrew one of the small valves and ease the chassis out.(small victory)

I tested the amp with the guts open by sitting the speaker on the amp and looking for buzzes vibrations, inside the amp.

The parts I found were buzzing, I have siliconed are

- the screwholders(that hold the chassis inplace)

- the 4ohm-8ohm switch, against the insaide of amp

After extensive testing/ rechecking there is no more buzzing inside the amp

BUT

the speaker still buzzes inside - its slight but annoying

I put everything back together and the buzz is still there on the low E string about A-B notes.

So I geuss the speaker is faulty ?? anything else I can do to try and fix this?

If not I geuss Im looking for a new speaker. Advice please on recommended speakers for this amp.

Ive started a thread here

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1251585

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I have a Roland JC-40, only 7 months old, and I'm experiencing the exact same issue as this gentleman is- vibration from the speakers at low notes only. AND it comes and goes as well. One minute, its fine. The next, its Buzz city on the low notes

• 8 months later...
  • Members
On 5/17/2006 at 12:20 AM, BoyoMcLadd said:

Play the offending note and press up on a tube from the bottom.You can do this with a pencil eraser although I do it with my finger.If it stops rattling , thats your tube.

Also , put it up on a sofa and look at the guts while playing.My amp had rattling from wires touching the chassis floor.If you see a wire bouncing that's part of your prob.

Walk around the room and make sure it doesn't get louder as you walk away.A hanging picture frame for instance.

Pressing up on a tube with a finger when an amp is on is generally not a good idea. The plate voltage on tubes can easily range from 300 to 600 volts.

Archived