• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Milk and sugar please
;)

What speakers do you find work well with Einstein? I have a '72 Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks but I think you mentioned that you test with V30s and that is what the Diezel cabs are loaded with.

For clean and crunch You are good with
the greenbags. For highgain I prefer
the V30.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Milk and sugar please
;)

What speakers do you find work well with Einstein? I have a '72 Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks but I think you mentioned that you test with V30s and that is what the Diezel cabs are loaded with.

I thought a mix of Greenbacks and V30 works exceptionally well with the Einstein when I had the opportunity to do side by side comparison with several cabs. Today I ordered two Greenbacks for my all V30 cab. :)

Schon mal probiert Peter?

• Members
Originally posted by inferno79

I thought a mix of Greenbacks and V30 works exceptionally well with the Einstein when I had the opportunity to do side by side comparison with several cabs. Today I ordered two Greenbacks for my all V30 cab.
:)

Schon mal probiert Peter?

Ja, klingt auch nicht schlecht !

• Members
Originally posted by Peter Diezel

Nonsense !

The Herbert chassis has a thickness of 2 millimeters.

I have never seen this size on other amps.

I had one that was fallen down from a stack and worked

perfectly.

Please stop telling bull{censored} !

Thanks,

Peter
;)

FWIW;

The Mako chassis is 3.2 mm (.125") thick hard anodized aluminum.

Chassis mounted porcelain tube sockets.

Mil-spec hand soldering etc...

• Members

Take a beer
;)

I may have to soon! :) I think my tea is working though (peppermint, chamomile)...

Aluminium is not steel
:freak:

True. 2mm of good steel is incredibly strong. Ask me why I know this. :)

• Members
Originally posted by thegame

Have I played a Diezel amp? I've bought, played, jammed with, recorded, and sold a Diezel amp for your information. Here's the deal; I'm not saying the Diezel chassis is particularly weak, I'm saying that when moderate force is applied to the middle of it (in the back) the chassis moves in and out a bit. Mine did, thats for {censored}ing sure. What does that have to do with the operation of the amp? Nothing! But here's the point; lets say you (or a roadie who doesn't give a {censored})
drops
it and it lands on a hard surface of some sort, like stairs or the edge of a cabinet. That spot is going to dent and push the componets around inside!

The point of bringing Mako and Wizard into the equation regarding build quality is that you'd have to pound on the chassis with a {censored}ing hammer to make the slightest indentation on the chassis of those amps.

A friend of mine accidently dropped his Wizard down a 13 stair flight of stairs and that amp bounced 3 or 4 times on the way down and landed hard on concrete. The wooden headshell was damaged but the chassis was unscathed. Afterwords when plugged in the Wizard performed perfectly. Would a Diezel still work after being put through that? Maybe, maybe not, but I think the chances of a Diezel working perfectly after such an accident (or other blatant abuse) would be less than that of a Wizard or Mako.

Tell you what. Buy one....drop it down that flight of stairs...test your theory. Otherwise shut up.

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Steel is much more flexible than aluminum (or german aluminium).
:D
Alu shields a bit better than steel though. Although nobody would rate a Diezel "noisy" .

Aluminum and steel shield different things differently. :)

I don't mind using either for chassis material, as long as either is made well.

• Members
Originally posted by Snider

Totally agree. The full frequency is not there. It took me three tries over more than a year and I was a huge advocate but in the end- no cut, little vibe.

If the amp was as good or better than channel 3 of the VH4 you would see more pro's using them. The Herbert is a good amp and has some amazing features and I would go as far to say it is the most versatile bedroom amp ever made as that is what I think it's amazing at, but in a band setting the Einstein and even better Channel 3 of the VH4 are far beyond Herbie. Ch 3 in VH4-That is a great tone to me.

Steve,

Which amp cuts better in these clips of VH4, Einstein, Herbert? To my ears, it's the Herbert. But, obviously, they can all be dialed/recorded differently to suit our individual tastes better. Point is, the Herbert shows no lack of ability to stand out in a mix! I know that it may not "feel" right to you, and that's cool, but from my listener's chair, it has tons of cut and vibe. Yeah, I know, I know...play one first and get back to you. Sounds like mine will get here in June sometime.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1020566&highlight=herbert