What do you guys think of Washburn Custom Shop?

takedeepbreaths

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Washburn is pretty underrated. Their Custom Shop stuff is awesome. I'd like to own one someday if I can steal one on ebay....
:D

If they are underrated, do you think they are also under priced? What do you think that one up there is worth?

• Members

Yes, Custom Shop are their US made guitars (Chicago). They play very well and most models have the Buzz Feiten Tuning System, whcih I like, and Seymour Duncan pickups. Typically the ones I have seen on eBay either start with high opening bids and get no bids, or start with low opening bids and sell for $400 or so, which they are well worth. I particularly like the WM3/WM200, which have two single coils and a bridge humbucker.

• Members

Originally posted by bdegrande

Yes, Custom Shop are their US made guitars (Chicago). They play very well and most models have the Buzz Feiten Tuning System, whcih I like, and Seymour Duncan pickups. Typically the ones I have seen on eBay either start with high opening bids and get no bids, or start with low opening bids and sell for $400 or so, which they are well worth. I particularly like the WM3/WM200, which have two single coils and a bridge humbucker.

Yeah, the WM series are really good guitars. I have a WMS and it sounds fat and plays like butta. SD Custom and 59 neck. $300 bucks used w/ nice OSHC case.

I think some players are turned off by the body shape which is kinda LP meets Wolfgang meets Strat with a twist. I dont care what it looks like.

• Members

Washburn Custom shop guitars are very good instruments at good prices IMHO. The sig models from the custom shop ae a bit steep it seems, btu regular custom shop stuff seems reasonable to me.

Boogie Street Guitars is in Pittsburgh and I have checked ot several custom shp axes at his place (he does not have a store, just office and storage space.), they all felt real nice and seemed very well made.

• Members

They're located near Chicago, I forget the actual suburb, but their custom shop stuff is very nice. Boogie Street Music always seems to have some very nice stuff from the custom shop in stock all the time, but WAY overpriced IMO.

Used on ebay they're a good bargain though.

• Members

ALWAYS try to get them off ebay. Resale is just TERRIBLE on them. I believe thats because they aren't Gibson or Fender. Kinda the reason ESP left the USA.

"Boogie Street Worldwide guitars has commissioned a run of 25 USA Custom Shop Swamp Ash Nuno's in Black w/Black Hardware....and 25 USA Custom Shop Swamp Ash Nuno's in White w/ Black Hardware. The 'Feel' of the swamp ash is preserved by Washburn Paint Guru - Chewy! Each of the guitars will included the Washburn Flight Style Case and Washburn Certificate of Authenticity - signed by Nuno."

$1500 asking price. Hard telling as some really look for those Nuno's. Prices can be all over the place on them. Anywhere from $750-$1400 for a used one depending on condition, color, year or whatever. Personally to me....heck no!

• Members

That is an N4. The reason it is stained black is that the wood has either a blem or an unsightly mark on it and it cannot be used as a natural finish N4. Washburn paint them (the ones I've seen are either black or white) and sell em in a limited run. They play and souns just like an N4. Cost about the same too :wave:

• Members

The USA Custom Shop stuff is way under the radar type stuff.I have three at the moment...a CT-3 [Les Paul type],an older Grover Jackson designed MG-120 [super-strat] and a WMS Maverick Studio.The new Pilson Idol is a kick-ass American made guitar [Duncans,Tone-Pro bridge,Buzz Fetien,etc...] that can be had for around $995.00.

Ed

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Very underrated and very underpriced IMO, particularly used. I have two USA (a P-4 and a Laredo) and one Korean (P290) and am exceedingly happy with all of them. The Custom shop stuff is as good as it gets IMO (boutique quality) unless it's some unfinished liquidation piece which I've heard about. The P290 required my installing a more rugged bridge and tailpiece (didn't require - just made it pro quality). After the mod it's the best sounding slide guitar I've got.

EdMan whassup? Everytime I see that Avatar:love: I think of you toiling away down there in San Diego. Lucky bastaaad!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by fretmonster

EdMan whassup? Everytime I see that Avatar:love: I think of you toiling away down there in San Diego. Lucky bastaaad!!!!

Hey fretmonster...things are going pretty good,these days.I did have to put off buying the Washburn Pilsen Idol,as I had a mild heart attack the day I received my tax refund.I had to take some time off from work and the disability insurance did not quite cover all my expenses.I'm doing okay now,but damn,still want an Idol...maybe next year.Take care.

:thu:

Ed

Archived