Sunn Concert Slave

jordandarby

• Members

Hey all.

OK I'm new to this board and on top of that I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to gear (I know, what am I even doing here?!). I just like to play loud.

And speaking of "loud", I really enjoy Sunn amps (I have an old 350B and a Concert Lead). I was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to explain what exactly the Sunn Concert Slave does? Again, from a caveman perspective I see people play with them in their setup and when they switch the slave on, my ears start bleeding (a good thing). Is it just a preamp or boost or something? Why is there only one knob on it? What is the meaning of "input sensitivity" and its settings (an infinity symbol among them?!)?

Anyways, thanks for bearing with me. I play that Concert Lead and want that extra boost and was figuring the Slave was where its at, so the more info I can get, the better.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by jordandarby

Hey all.

OK I'm new to this board and on top of that I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to gear (I know, what am I even doing here?!). I just like to play loud.

And speaking of "loud", I really enjoy Sunn amps (I have an old 350B and a Concert Lead). I was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to explain what exactly the Sunn Concert Slave does? Again, from a caveman perspective I see people play with them in their setup and when they switch the slave on, my ears start bleeding (a good thing). Is it just a preamp or boost or something? Why is there only one knob on it? What is the meaning of "input sensitivity" and its settings (an infinity symbol among them?!)?

Anyways, thanks for bearing with me. I play that Concert Lead and want that extra boost and was figuring the Slave was where its at, so the more info I can get, the better.

Thanks!

Concert Lead! WOWS,our band owned one of them back in the early-mid 70's. Typical putrid,SStone of that era. I also had a Coliseum all tube rig that was far,far louder,but way to clean to even be usable. Anyway,a slave is basically a power amp. And I believe the Concert series stuff was rated at 160 watts.

Archived