What's up with the thread locking?

SergeantThump

• Members

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen on here yet. Locking threads for no apparent reason?

Good 'ole constructive debate about power conditioners that was locked by Phil O'Keefe for no reason I can see > http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1275430

An off topic post that has nothing inappropriate is locked by Skunks for what, the heck of it? > http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1276805

That's just plain stupid.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SergeantThump

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen on here yet. Locking threads for no apparent reason?

Good 'ole constructive debate about power conditioners that was locked by Phil O'Keefe for no reason I can see >
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1275430

An off topic post that has nothing inappropriate is locked by Skunks for what, the heck of it? >
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1276805

That's just plain stupid.

Wel if Skunks doesn't know what it is, then by god, it must be OT and MUST be closed. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by -=Pennywise=-

If you guys wanna {censored} around and jerk yerselves off in a circle with stupid OT threads, there's a place for it called.......

OPEN JAM

:rolleyes:
Quit being such a bunch of whiny pussies already, jeeez.....

Wow, that was some FANTASTIC whining! I give you a 10!

• Members

If you guys wanna {censored} around and jerk yerselves off in a circle with stupid OT threads, there's a place for it called.......

OPEN JAM

doors open for you to go there too friend:rolleyes:

• Members

Here is my take on it.

The first thread was locked because the mod thought it was a racist thing.

The second one was because you said something bad about MF which is GC which owns this quickly degrading forum.

It would seem logical that if a post is locked than the mod would give a reason why. That makes the assumption that the mods are logical.

• Members

OPEN JAM

Open jam sucks broseph. Off topic threads make this place fun.

• Members

Originally posted by smitty0069

Could it have been the comment about getting info from MF?

Let's see.. I am going to PM Phil O'Keefe and ask him why. I'll post the answer, if I get one, in this thread. Unless of course they lock this thread.

I am sure Phil can see this as well so why don't you just answer right here Phil??

Bet he does not have the guts to do that!

Prove me wrong Phil.

• Members

Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

It's sort of becoming like the Carvin forum (marketing tool in forum form), like a running commercial for them so they are starting to censor any content that isn't 100% glowing praise for MF
:)

Riiiiiiiiight.

• Members

Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

It looks like the power conditioner thread may have been locked/censored because MF was criticized and he's employed by them so he was protecting his paycheck/employment status.

Yes, because this forum has the power to put MF out of business. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Threads get locked when they go downhill fast (See the thread hat Phil locked.) Threads also get locked when the Mods and Admins wish to make point, e.g. "This is stupid and just a general waste of bandwidth. Don't do this anymore." (Seethe thread that I locked.) Threads that provide no value or insight to anyone anywhere simply get deleted.

80% of all the reported posts and threads come from this forum and we are trying to do something about that fact.

Archived