question for anyone who tried or owns a jazz chorus head

JimAnsell

• Members

if you run it mono, into a mono cab, does the chours sound all weird? almost like a random pitch bending kinda thing?

i got one from a local guy, and in order for it to sound good at all you have to run it into a stereo cab or 2 mono cabs :mad:

plus the reverb is broken.

f' that.

luckily hes refunding me.

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

hmm...I've never tried it in mono. I thought you always had to run it in stereo....

mJ

I didn't have a cab, so what i did to test it was:

Line out from the jc120 head to a mixer, and the mixer goes into the soundcard.

I still don't really know what I was doing (whether it was mono or not), but it worked and I was able to test everything to make sure it worked.

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

On my Roland JC-120H, the Chorus works ONLY if you have (2) sets of speakers plugged in. In mono, the Chorus doesn't work
at all

That's crazy talk. If you plug in one side from the back of the amp (the chorus part), all you hear is chorus. Plug up the other side (the clean side) and you have chorus through one speaker and clean through the other. It'll work either way.

• 14 years later...
  • Members

Hi guys, I just picked up a jc120H today..and my question is.....can you run it SAFELY into a 4x12 mono cab at 4ohms?

I plan to rewire my cab to stereo at a later date.

And I believe the original matching Roland cabs say 4ohms mono on the back.. of course they are stereo cabs...but I'm pretty sure it says that from the pics I've seen (online)

Thanks guys!

Archived