Way outta left field! Orgy's amps on Candyass?

SwedeZ

• Members

I'm a Big big big big big Rough Cutt/Amir/Orgy/Etc fan.. but I've never known what amps were used on the first album? I'm guessing Mesa's , since they're in tight with J. Davis and the rest of the crew from KoRn, as well as Deadsy (I know Elijah uses a Dual Recto..or used to at least).

Anyone know anything? as always, much appreciated.

• Members

Ya know, I used to know this..... I forgot though. I still love that CD though. I used to listen to it non-stop.

The tone sounds horrible for the most part to me, but at the same time, it's perfect for them. I like Amir's synth sounds a lot though.

• Members

Very acurate set-up when compaired to his online website's gear notes:

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/464/

And Ryan Shuck, who I believe was responsible for most of the heavier distortion sounds:

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/465/

Was a huge fan of the Candyass album... listened to Vapor Transmissions and dug a couple of tracks, and never got around to listening to their third album released a couple years back.

-TJK

• Members

Originally posted by TaronKeim

Very acurate set-up when compaired to his online website's gear notes:

And Ryan Shuck, who I believe was responsible for most of the heavier distortion sounds:

Was a huge fan of the Candyass album... listened to Vapor Transmissions and dug a couple of tracks, and never got around to listening to their third album released a couple years back.

-TJK

That is a {censored}load of pedals.

• Members

He's HUGE on synth's, so really that's what his whole rig is. It's not really guitar as we know it, at that point. The guitar turns into a MIDI input interface. I don't think he does much, guitar>normal pickup>amp recordings. It's mostly Guitar>Synth Pickup>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Board recordings I think. :)

Well maybe not that bad, but it's mostly the synth you are hearing, with little of the conventional pickup feeding the amp. Probably like 75-25 mix.

• Members

Originally posted by Redsand187

He's HUGE on synth's, so really that's what his whole rig is. It's not really guitar as we know it, at that point. The guitar turns into a MIDI input interface. I don't think he does much, guitar>normal pickup>amp recordings. It's mostly Guitar>Synth Pickup>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Board recordings I think.
:)

Well maybe not that bad, but it's mostly the synth you are hearing, with little of the conventional pickup feeding the amp. Probably like 75-25 mix.

Nu metal guitarists usually have huge tone, because they just play power chords, nothing else...ever. They don't have to worry about dialing in a tight clear tone for riffing, or a lead tone at all, just a massive thick tone for strumming power chords. {censored}ers.

• Members

Originally posted by Redsand187

He's HUGE on synth's, so really that's what his whole rig is. It's not really guitar as we know it, at that point. The guitar turns into a MIDI input interface. I don't think he does much, guitar>normal pickup>amp recordings. It's mostly Guitar>Synth Pickup>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Synth>Synth>Pedal>Pedal>Synth>Board recordings I think.
:)

He actually does a lot of direct guitar>pedal>board stuff too. Says thats how he uses his Ibanez Super Metal most of the time... which was used on the Orgy recordings.

-TJK

Archived