Anyone played these fender amps ?

ollenorin

• Members

Played all of them, had two of them...the Vibroverb and the Bassman. (I now have a reissue Super Reverb and a '64 Vibroverb Custom.) When you say Vibroverb reissue I would think you mean the brown one from the early 90s...with 2 X 10"s. The newer one, with Vibroverb as part of its name, the '64 Vibroverb Custom (with 1 X 15"), is not a reissue. I don't think any of the three are that similar to the Deluxe Reverb as the speaker complements are too different and none of them use 6V6s as power tubes.

• Members

I used to own a 66 Vibrolux and it wasn't like a Deluxe. The Vibro is brighter sounding and unlike a Deluxe which gets all warm and fuzzy when the tubes overdrive, the Vibro gets harsh and raspy. The Deluxe is the best sounding guitar amp Fender ever made I think and if that's what you want, that's what you should get.

• Members
Originally posted by Mudbass

I used to own a 66 Vibrolux and it wasn't like a Deluxe. The Vibro is brighter sounding and unlike a Deluxe which gets all warm and fuzzy when the tubes overdrive, the Vibro gets harsh and raspy. The Deluxe is the best sounding guitar amp Fender ever made I think and if that's what you want, that's what you should get.

good finking !
:thu:

Archived