Don't Buy Audio Glassic Tubes

The Boogie Man

• Members

I purchased a "new" set of these tubes at a local Music store, Audio Glassic claimed them to be, tested and matched as a set of 4 and rated them as a #7, I wanted to put these in my Twin Reverb and save the originals as backup. Thank god I tested them on my tube tester before putting them in my amp, I found 2 of the 4 tubes had a dead short, and of the other two one read weak, matched set? Bah. Got my money back.

• Members
Originally posted by The Boogie Man

I purchased a "new" set of these tubes at a local Music store, Audio Glassic claimed them to be, tested and matched as a set of 4 and rated them as a #7, I wanted to put these in my Twin Reverb and save the originals as backup. Thank god I tested them on my tube tester before putting them in my amp, I found 2 of the 4 tubes had a dead short, and of the other two one read weak, matched set? Bah. Got my money back.

You could probably state that for a lot of brands of tubes. Junk rate can be pretty high. That's a good reason to buy from a place that does their own testing and screening. I like Lord Valve.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

You could probably state that for a lot of brands of tubes. Junk rate can be pretty high. That's a good reason to buy from a place that does their own testing and screening. I like Lord Valve.

FYI I've done business with this music store many times over the tears and he said he would refund my money or give me another set of tubes but it was his last set in stock he's going to get in both JJ and Ruby tubes as replacements for Audio Glassic and EH. I do my own testing and agree with you about the over all quality, I've seen junk tubes before claimed as NOS and matched and burned in some were way past burned in.

• 14 years later...