Any Decent Fenders with an Effects loop?

CptnMayonaise

• Members

im gonna try something a little different here...

im gonna try out a fender for some metal tones...

i had an idea where i could plug a preamp into the effects loop of a fender and disconnect the combo's speaker out to a 4x12 close back cab...

are there any decent (ala blackface, princeton) fender amps (or clones) with an effects loop?

• Members

Originally posted by CptnMayonaise

are there any decent (ala blackface, princeton) fender amps (or clones) with an effects loop?

Nope.

None of the vintage ones had them, and I haven't heard a newer Fender amp that got my excited.

I read a site one time where a guy was selling a kit to use the Reverb IN and OUT on the Silverface amps as a sort of effects loop.

The idea seems sickening to me, but it may be something you're interested in.

• Members

Originally posted by ComingApart

Nope.

None of the vintage ones had them, and I haven't heard a newer Fender amp that got my excited.

I read a site one time where a guy was selling a kit to use the Reverb IN and OUT on the Silverface amps as a sort of effects loop.

The idea seems sickening to me, but it may be something you're interested in.

sweet, sounds like im on a good idea then :thu:

• Members

I did the same thing with my Hot Rod Deville using an ADA MP-1. I plugged the MP-1 into the effects return(power amp in) and controlled the volume of the amp from the MP-1. Sounded great. If I had a 4x12 to use at the time it would have been even better.

A Deville is one of the loudest amps you will come across and going straight into the power amp you are bypassing the part of the amp most people don't like anyway. Its got a ton of clean power, and you can find one used for about $450 or so.

By itself its loud, has an excellent clean sound, and takes pedals well. Most people slag the drive channel, but that can be improved immensely with mods down the road if you are interested.

• Members

none of the old ones have a loop. i think some of the rivera-era ones have a loop, like the 75 and such, but i'm not sure.

supersonic fx return works well as a preamp in

if your preamp has a lot of output (like +10-20db) the prosonic and tonemaster also would work.

plus, the latest editions of Pro/Concert/Twin Reverbs have a decent loop.

the prosonic, tonemaster, and supersonic all come as heads, so you wouldn't have a redundant combo speaker sitting there doing nothing.

out of all those, the prosonic has the best sounding power section, IMO. the class-A/tube rectified setting pumps out 30 of the most delicious watts i've ever heard from any amp, and the other two settings are also quite good. the tonemaster is one of the loudest mo-fos you'll ever come across, if that's what you're shooting for. supersonic is a good middle ground, with added versatility in the loop return and ability to run 6V6s if you want.

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

none of the old ones have a loop. i think some of the rivera-era ones have a loop, like the 75 and such, but i'm not sure.

supersonic fx return works well as a preamp in

if your preamp has a lot of output (like +10-20db) the prosonic and tonemaster also would work.

plus, the latest editions of Pro/Concert/Twin Reverbs have a decent loop.

the prosonic, tonemaster, and supersonic all come as heads, so you wouldn't have a redundant combo speaker sitting there doing nothing.

out of all those, the prosonic has the best sounding power section, IMO. the class-A/tube rectified setting pumps out 30 of the most delicious watts i've ever heard from any amp, and the other two settings are also quite good. the tonemaster is one of the loudest mo-fos you'll ever come across, if that's what you're shooting for. supersonic is a good middle ground, with added versatility in the loop return and ability to run 6V6s if you want.

As much as I love my El Diablo...I miss my Supersonic, and think that I shall purchase one again, some sunny day. Vera...Vera, what has become of you? Does anyone else in here...feel the way I do? >

• Members

Originally posted by Deuterium

As much as I love my El Diablo...I miss my Supersonic, and think that I shall purchase one again, some sunny day. Vera...Vera, what has become of you? Does anyone else in here...feel the way I do? >

you should really check out a prosonic, before you buy another supersonic. they have lead tones to die for.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I the good old days before FX loops became common in amps we used to use the Normal channel on Fender amps like the Super Reverb, Deluxe Reverb and Twins as a FX loop from the Vibrato channel, I still use it today. What's nice about this is the way you can dial in just the amount of volume and tone you want to mix in the signal. Going straight into #1 Vibrato out the #2 and into the #1 Normal with your FX in the patch. All I can say is try it.

Archived