Vinnie Moore Minds Eye

hairmetal

• Members

WOW

Iv just listened through Vinnie Moore's minds eye LP, im so impressed, he is a hell of a guitarist.

Will someone please give me some info on his gear for this album (not UFO stuff).

On the sleeve it says Vinie uses Peavey Amps and Ibanez Guitars, did he actually using Peavey's or was it just an endoresement nd he actually used other amps?

If he did use Peavey, what amps?

• Members

It's listed on his website, or used to be. I believe for that one he used the Marshall that was in the studio, it's the same studio that Varney used for all of those guys, which is why they all sound the same (same amp and producer/engineer).

I loved that tape when it came out. He has total command of the instrument. I love how he just flows from triplets to 16ths, or 16ths to quiteplets or septuplets in perfect time. He is amazing.

• Members

I remember when Minds Eye came out, I was blown away... the solo on "Daydream" is one of my favorite solos of all time.

Just going from memory, and a long time ago it was (from an interview)... he said wasn't happy with his amps recorded tones, etc... and he ended up borrowing a Peavy head from Tony McAlpine. Maybe someone will dig up the actual interview. That tone is not like any Marshall I've ever heard.

• Members

Vinnie Moore just a poor farm boy from Bismark North Dakota. :o

But seriously I listened to that album every minute of every day for 3, maybe even 6 months back in 1986, until I absorbed every last note and tone on there. There's one tune that stands out, might be the 2nd song on the album, that has that great solo on it, and all the rest are like minor echos of it.. wait a sec and let me think about because that album is long lost or long gone......

Yep, 2nd song called Daydream.. The only song you really need to hear from that album, well there's that acoustic stuff, too.

• Members

Originally posted by 496dart

i love vin--

That teaching video is the best one I have come across, only I never had it, and the few others that I did watch all the way through were for beginners/intermediates and I could already do everything they had to show for learning to play. But Vinnie's vid, from the 5 minutes of it I watched, actually taught you things you could use, real knowledge, not just bits of specific data that didn't add to one's understanding of the big picture,

• Members

I love Minds Eye.

my fav track must be In Control...just amazing, and T-Macs keyboard solo is beatiful too!

hmm...I remember there was an interview with him in GuitarWorld, I'll check it for the amp info...but he was either using a Marshall, Laney or Peavey for that one. and a scalloped Ibanez

• Members

Originally posted by mrbobo

I remember when Minds Eye came out, I was blown away... the solo on "Daydream" is one of my favorite solos of all time.

Just going from memory, and a long time ago it was (from an interview)... he said wasn't happy with his amps recorded tones, etc... and he ended up borrowing a Peavy head from Tony McAlpine. Maybe someone will dig up the actual interview. That tone is not like any Marshall I've ever heard.

Yep, Minds Eye was Tony's Peavey (I beleive a Classic 50) Head. The Laney came after

• Members

To the best of my knowledge,"practically" all/most of the early Scrapnel releases(Vinnie,Tony Mac,Greg Howe,etc) were recorded with a Rockman thru a Peavey Reknown.

I could be wrong,but the production/tones are similar on most of the debuts,minus the Yng,of course.

Archived