Roland EP-90

• Members

Any good? I mean, as a hammer action controller for a piker such as me? I know it's 11 or so years old, but I might be able to get one really cheap, as in trading a J-106 for it.

And none of your Foolish Aprilisms!

Don't think it would have a hammer action, rather a semi weighted action like most of the EP line (the exception is the fully weighted EP-880) The EP line is ok. Decent semi weighted action (similar to a waterfall action), useable sounds but dated by today's standards. I personally would not pay more than about

• Members

Thanks, The Piano Man.

I guess I shouldn't have said "hammer action", rather weighted. According to TFM & some other sources:

"...weighted 88-note keyboard with touch sensitivity

* Full 64-voice polyphony

* Eight instrument tones including new stereo-sampled grand piano sounds * Onboard reverb and chorus effects..."

I know the sounds will be 1999, but that's not as important to me as the feel. I'll use it as a stay-put controller. I don't suppose the keybed's as good as the A-90...

I'd just go try it, but it's 150 miles away in Chicago. But, I have to go there in a week or so. I guess I'll just tell the guy I'll meet him if it's still available.

If anyone remembers playing one, I'd appreciate hearing your impressions.

I know this is bush-leauge business for most of you guys, so I'll pestificate no further about it. ;)

• Members

I guess I shouldn't have said "hammer action", rather weighted. According to
TFM
& some other sources:

"...weighted 88-note keyboard with touch sensitivity

* Full 64-voice polyphony

* Eight instrument tones including new stereo-sampled grand piano sounds * Onboard reverb and chorus effects..."

I know the sounds will be 1999, but that's not as important to me as the feel. I'll use it as a stay-put controller. I don't suppose the keybed's as good as the A-90...

I'd just go try it, but it's 150 miles away in Chicago. But, I have to go there in a week or so. I guess I'll just tell the guy I'll meet him if it's still available.

If anyone remembers playing one, I'd appreciate hearing your impressions.

I know this is bush-leauge business for most of you guys, so I'll pestificate no further about it.
;)

Have you played a Nord Electro or a Kurzweil SP76 or even a Roland VR760. The action on the EP is similar

Archived