Moog Voyager soft case - official Moog bag or alternative?

girevik

• Members

I'm still not gigging with the Voyager, but now that the band has deemed it indispensable for at least 2 songs, i will have to transport it, the next time we convene at the drummer's house for rehearsal.

I've read some complaints about the official Moog Music bag on the Moog forums. Examples:

"The velcro that is meant to hold the straps nice and tight is in the wrong place and means that you can't fasten the straps."

"I've also been annoyed by the straps in the case. They seem about the right length, but if you tighten them more than when the velcro matches up it presses down on the keys and the whole thing seems sort of awkward."

"you have to lift the Voyager up to get the straps undone, the plastic buckle usually sits on the wood frame. I think they changed the design. " :eek:

To those of you who take their Voyagers out of the house in a soft case, what cases are you using?

The ATA hard case is not an option. I need the room in my car for my other equipment as well as my bandmate's.

• Members

I don't see how the soft case would be bad :idk: I would undoubtedly go for the hard case if you're touring, but if u can't might as well get the moog soft case, tho if you can find a cheaper one go with that, cus soft cases don't tend to vary much in what they do.... maybe some zippers may be better than others but nothing serious, as long as it fits, you never want a soft case to take much of a beating anyways.

• Members

I don't see how the soft case would be bad
:idk:
I would undoubtedly go for the hard case if you're touring, but if u can't might as well get the moog soft case, tho if you can find a cheaper one go with that, cus soft cases don't tend to vary much in what they do.... maybe some zippers may be better than others but nothing serious, as long as it fits, you never want a soft case to take much of a beating anyways.

You have a Voyager?

I want to at least be able to fasten the straps. See the comment from one person claiming it is not possible.

Archived