CLIP: ADA MP-1 - Horrorscope by Overkill

drucifer

• Members

Originally posted by Gitfiddler

overkill recorded that whole album with Mp-1s. And for the dude in Kentucky, i saw Overkill a few times at the Toy Tiger in Louisville. Blitz would hang out in the bar before the show.. Cool as {censored}!

I looked for him all over the bar when they played in Allentown but couldn't find him. I believe he doesn't drink anymore.

• Members

Originally posted by DarkCide

You pretty much nailed their tone. Would be a bigger challenge finding someone who would dare to try and put vocals on this. Blitz is untouchable.

I love Blitz... but this is one of the songs I can nail. Nice and slow.

Elimination is much harder. It's a breathing workout and a half, as is E.N.D.

• Members

Originally posted by DarkCide

I looked for him all over the bar when they played in Allentown but couldn't find him. I believe he doesn't drink anymore.

He's clean, but he just kinda stood around. They had just gotten Sebastian Marino and Joe Comeau as guitar players. I told him that if they didn't work out, i'd like a chance to try out. He just laughed. I asked him if they were going to play "Bare Bones". He said those guys didn't know it but he'd sing it for me in the parking lot after the show (never happened). I asked Blitz what he listened to.. he said Type O' Negative and Machine Head (this was 1996)

I saw them with Gant/Cannavino, Comeau/Marino (used Mesa Triaxis preamps. Comeau used a strat and it sounded HUGE), and Comeau with Dave somebody. The last time I saw them, they changed the way they played "Coma" (which is my favorite song) and it turned me off a bit. Still a great show.

• Members

that sounds really good, but with that amount of gain,

how could you get iut to sound that tight and agressive?

as you see in my sig,

exept fot the cab we have almost identical setup (TS-100 is the evolution of the T-100 I have?) and it sure sounds good. :thu:

• Members

I don't have an explanation for the gain. This MP-1 is my first and only experience with them, but here are the settings:

Settings:

OD1: 3.6

OD2: 6

Master Gain: 5.5

Bass: 12

Mid: -2

Treble: 6

Presence: 12

Tube voicing

Output level at 25%

Power amp:

Master: 100%

Presence: 50%

No post EQ.

• Members

Originally posted by Hell Bites

The clip rocks as usual man. Diggin the tone too. Cool to see that came out of a stock mp-1

Thanks dude! It's possible that it's not stock, judging by the comments I'm getting here and at Rig-Talk (http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/index.php). I'll hafta take some pics of the guts and show them to be certain either way.

• Members

Sounds absolutely stock to me, except that you had the OD1 so low, though when I run mine into the FX return of my Metaltronix I have both at like 5, otherwise 7.5-8. My settings to the T on the tone controls though.

I think a lot of people have heard ADA's with crap tubes through crap poweramps.

Archived