Andy Taylor in The Power Station: Amp?

SwedeZ

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

I am going to guess an ADA pre and processed to hell.

They threw Tony Thomson into the stairwell to get that huge drum kit sound and the studio was The Power Station if you want totally useless info
:D

:thu:

Honestly I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile now. Andy's website used to hint that he had only used Marshall amps, and now I can't seem to find anything about what gear he's used at all... Lately I know he's been rocking the peavey XXX for all that new duran duran stuff though, with a les paul custom. But that first album with the power station is just something I can -never- get tired of. I can listen to it end over end for ages.

Maybe a superlead for the distorted parts, and then a fender for cleans?????

• Members

Originally posted by SwedeZ

:thu:

Honestly I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile now. Andy's website used to hint that he had only used Marshall amps, and now I can't seem to find anything about what gear he's used at all... Lately I know he's been rocking the peavey XXX for all that new duran duran stuff though, with a les paul custom. But that first album with the power station is just something I can -never- get tired of. I can listen to it end over end for ages.

Maybe a superlead for the distorted parts, and then a fender for cleans?????

I do not think that was a SL, too compressed imo.

I have his solo album from the 80s :D

Archived