Jump to content

Wow, the Megadeth Re-Masters SUCK


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I really hope these Remasters arent the same type that old Ozzy has done with stripping certain Bass and Drums and their players out in favor of newer studio sessions like on Blizzard,Diary,Bark and also Speak of the Devil. Shitty idea to cut someone out of originals IMO. Hopefully this does not apply here in Daves case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist



I'm just talking about RIP, apparently he had to re-record stuff with that one, and I don't think it sounds that good.

 

dave had said that he had to re-record vocals for take no prisoners. if you listen, the vocals were re-done for 5 magics and lucretia as well.

 

maybe its just the website, but i think the remaster is an improvement. its louder and clearer than the original. and i've heard the original thousands of times over the past 9 or so years.

 

 

anything pre-countdown to extinction was remastered to improve the sound quality. id ont think there were major changes done to the songs at all. but anything remastered after RIP doesnt improve it, just change it. which is good or bad depending on your preference. they released the killing is my business remaster well before all of the other ones and it has the biggest improvements. the original was painful to listen to but the remaster is incredible

 

eddie

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by omni

Megadeth sucks. Period.
:wave:

Megadeth does not suck. Daves voice may bother some but their Riffs and songs in generall very much Rocked as good or better than most other Metal acts. However towards the end of the old Megadeth they put out some Suck material. Countdown and Peace Sells were and are Amazing though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by V-Type


Megadeth does not suck. Daves voice may bother some but their Riffs and songs in generall very much Rocked as good or better than most other Metal acts.

 

Agreed. I don't know why there is so much hate directed toward Megadeth. I think Dave wrote tons of interesting riffs that were just as good as Metallica and the lead guitarists were generally better than Hammett. Albums like Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are classics:thu:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

I think they all suck, except for the KIMB remaster.

 

Why fuck with the classics? The guitars sound WAY too mid heavy, the drums sound very boxy. This biggest disappointment was the SFSGSW remaster, I had really high hopes for it. The original was soaked in reverb, the new one dry to the bone. No compromise

 

Now the KIMB remaster is nothing short of outstanding...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by Hell Bites



Agreed. I don't know why there is so much hate directed toward Megadeth. I think Dave wrote tons of interesting riffs that were just as good as Metallica and the lead guitarists were generally better than Hammett. Albums like Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are classics:thu:

 

Yeah, why all the hate for Dave ?

 

It's not like he's Zakk Wylde :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I just went on the Gigantour website, and they had the "remastered" version of Take No Prisoners playing...it literally made me cringe.


The bass sounded like it was from a shite metalcore band where the guitar is so fuzzy that all you hear is bass, and the vocals were dryer than Arizona.


:mad:

 

I only got the remasters and think it's not bad at all :thu:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I just went on the Gigantour website, and they had the "remastered" version of Take No Prisoners playing...it literally made me cringe.


The bass sounded like it was from a shite metalcore band where the guitar is so fuzzy that all you hear is bass, and the vocals were dryer than Arizona.


:mad:

 

+1 I HATE the RIP remaster, but the others are ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by MattACaster



If someone could find this, I'd love to hear it.

 

http://sparkytfl.no-ip.org/sounds/Temp/skinomyteeth_92vs04masters.mp3

 

This is off my own server, it's 3meg, and this forum has a lot of people, so I'm not going to keep it there for more than a day. The faster somebody wants to rehost it, the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by Sparkytfl



http://sparkytfl.no-ip.org/sounds/Temp/skinomyteeth_92vs04masters.mp3


This is off my own server, it's 3meg, and this forum has a lot of people, so I'm not going to keep it there for more than a day. The faster somebody wants to rehost it, the better.

 

Thanks!!

 

Yeah, definatley like the original better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I just went on the Gigantour website, and they had the "remastered" version of Take No Prisoners playing...it literally made me cringe.


The bass sounded like it was from a shite metalcore band where the guitar is so fuzzy that all you hear is bass, and the vocals were dryer than Arizona.


:mad:

 

yeah the rust in piece remaster is fucking AWFUL. that album is simply not meant to be have a modern mastering job. Louder is NOT always better.

 

Let me point a fact that few people realize. When something gets as compressed as some of these records coming out today (even some of the recent lable projects i've done) the recording loses its true dynamic. The dynamics of a song are what really get our brain going, and when you compress and squash a mix as much as labels are forcing us to now, it LITERALLY fatigues your ears and your brain. Basically the lack of dynamics causes your brain to become tired (without you even knowing it) and you are more likely to either not listen as hard to the musical experience, or just turn the record off in general. Basically all this compression and awful mastering is making our already short attention spans even shorter. Every once in a while i hear a remaster thats worth a shit, but i can tell you right now that the albums from rust in piece on that where remastered are fucking garbage. The originals were great and should have stayed that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...