peavey xxx- speakers

lumpy555

• Members

has anyone ever changed a set of speakers, in a xxx 4x12 cab? thinkin of doing just that, with my 4x12 cab, want to use vin-30s but i am not sure 100%, i try to play heavey as hell music, i also down-tune 1 whole step, btw, was wondering if those relic-30s speakers that g.c. sells would be a vin-30 type speaker? or how would a set of 4 greenbacks sound? there is a set at my local music store . they are on a special for 119.00 - each! any help would be lovely! P.S. my esp mh-400 guitar has active emgs thanks mangggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

yeah,those relic-30s seem like a fuggin mystery speaker, cant seem to get a straight answer from the guys at g.c. as to are they the REAL VIN-30, or a copy, btw the box says MADE IN ENGLAND???? AT 49.00 EACH, IT ALMOST SEEMS DO-ABLE!!!!

• Members

Seriously, outside of Celestion and Eminence, the stock Triple XXX speakers are about as close to a Vintage 30 you're going to find out there as they were modeled after Vintage 30's and are far more high powered.(100 watt speakers, which is also important in playing heavy music and clean sounding bass response)

Perhaps the Triple XXX speaker's (V30) voicing isn't for you? Maybe GT12-75's or H30's are more up your alley? What is it you don't like about the Triple XXX cab/speakers?

FWIW, I'm currently running through a 5150 slant, using the original Sheffield 1200's. The 1200's are basically a worn out Greenback clone with much higher wattage, 75 watts to be exact. Probably closer to a GT12-75 honestly. If anything at this point, I'm happy with the speakers, I may get some Weber Beam Blockers eventually.

Archived