Ultimate sound....?

SteinbergerHack

• Members

Well, I think I had a few of 'those' moments Saturday night. At a local small club gig, I was playing my '06 R0 through a Bogner XTC 101b, and a very average Marshall 1960A. This is the first time I've used this specific combination in a live situation, and I was just not expecting such a fantastic result. 'Chunk', sustain, smooth lead tone - everything in its place.

I have never heard a better heavy rock tone in my life. I have heard other players with great tone, but this is the first time I've ever been fully, completely happy with my sound.

Interestingly, a former guitar player in my band happened to be in the audience. He is well-known as having the worst case of GAS known to man, and has probably owned one of almost everything ever built at one time or another. After our first set, he came over and said "That Les Paul's tone is awesome!". This from the guy who is never satisfied.

Now, if I can just figure out how to duplicate it at about 4 dB lower volume - my ears are still recovering....

• Members
Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

Uhmm....yeah. Same as with my Marshalls and all my other guitars and cabinets......

:freak:

I did have the feeling I was stating the obvious.

Things change when the power and volume (sound pressure) is cranked that can't be faithfully duplicated at lower levels. Even if you've got the best amp modeler in the world, at lower sound pressure levels, it doesn't kick you in the gut and warm your innards.

Archived