Tried to Buy a Triple Recto, but.....

mercedesrules

• Members

Do you guys really think you're getting "power tube distortion" with these rectifiers, and that each amp is going to sound significiantly better at lower volumes in increments of 50 watts? I don't know, so I am asking.

Seems to me these amps are pretty much preamp gain monsters, and the different power sections just add another dimension of amplifying these preamps. Personally, I love the bold/spongy, tube/diode option on the Dual/Triple amps.

I've owned a Single, Dual and now have a Triple Rectifier. To be honest, except for a louder (cleaner) clean tone, I don't notice a whole heck of a lot of difference between the Dual and Triple. They both sound sort of crappy at anything less than band/stage volumes. All things being equal, I guess I'd rather have a Dual than a Triple simply due to the tube changes, but its almost negligable cost wise, and I love my Triple Rectifier.

• Members

I've had a single rec, 2 duals and now a triple. The triple wins hands down, no contest. The clean chan is louder without breakup and the modern chan sounds much tighter and huge. The increased headroom makes a HUGE difference in the tone (for the better imho). It really isn't that much louder than the duals though. I run my master at noon and the red chan at about 11 o'clock.

Do yourself a favor and get the triple man. Seriously.

• Members

I think the triples sound awesome. You need to dial back the presence a little, turn up the output and use the master nob for volume. Mine sounds great. OT if your still interested in a near mint triple i will gladly sell you one of mine for 1200 plus shipping. PM me if your interested.

Archived