Marshall MF280 speakers?

lpwcruzr

• Members

does anyone know what speakers are in a MF280 cabinet? The marshall site does not say exactly what speakers are in it. I have read that they were celestion g12h on place and some other celestion somewhere else. I know that they are different than the mf400, maybe that is the confusion.

• Members

therye meant to be V30 or something similiar.

i had the MF400 cab with the 100w speakers...i bought it woithout trying it out but it sounded awesome with my TSL100 but terrible with the framus cobras.

i would love to hear the MF280 if it did have V30s in it.

• Members

It's got the same speakers they use for Hellatone 60L's

The Hellatone 60L starts out as a special Vintage 30 that is only made for Special Large Manufacturers using Vintage 30s. This Special Vintage 30 has a little more low bass and a slightly different voice coil and center dust cap than the standard vintage 30. We are privileged to get these from Celestion so the L stands for two things...Limited Quantities and Lower bass response. We then convert it into a Hellatone by aging it slightly and by exercising the suspension for 15 hours so when you get it, it has a warmer tone on the very first note. These two aging processes warm up the low end and smooth out the midrange slightly. The Hellatone model 60L really projects and is great for all kinds of music..especially Rock and Metal! Large Heavy 50 oz magnet 60 watts 16 ohm. ONLY

I've got one of those cabs and my Laney 100watt AOR sounds incredible cranked through it. It can handle all the bass that thing has...which is WAY too much.

Archived