The Official Born Again Believer's Thread!!

Lord ToneKing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Echoes

Jesus is LORD! indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, I warn you guys, I am confident, outspoken and opinionated...and, well, not popular here at all...

I dont 'try' to be obstinate, just speaking the truth in love (with a little sarcasm from time to time...)...and that is usually quite enough to be despised here...

no matter...
:wave:
...I love Jesus!!!!!!!!

Wait a second.. I just remembered something... You love Jesus but love war?

... :confused:

Turn the other cheek, no?

• Members

Originally posted by gearo999

Why Christian don't have to push.

Once you learned of the gospel, either you pursue the Truth (bible) or choose to live the way you want.

Therein lies the problem, you assume you've found absolute truth through faith alone. As if your truth is the only true truth.

That doesnt sit well with those of us who rely on the scientific method and things like logic.

• Members

Originally posted by Sandman31774

i think it's good we can agree to disagree that way no one is arguing and we can still talk about guitars, amps etc....we both know where we stand rememberduane...

Precisely. That's usually the best part about this forum. Even if people get REALLY pissed off and disagree about things, we can all still talk about guitars and amps and be cool. I don't personally believe in any of it... been there, studied the scripture, listened to some amazing preachers, studied my heart, just "felt", and realized it wasn't my path. I'm still working that out. But if it's what feels right to you, then that's cool in my book.

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Therein lies the problem, you assume you've found absolute truth through faith alone. As if your truth is the only true truth.

That doesnt sit well with those of us who rely on the scientific method and things like logic.

But Shea, I thought logic and science are just tricks by God to test our faith. Kind of like fossils? :confused:

:p

• Members
Originally posted by ke2

He`s never been there with me. (I know there is a sad/nice story about the man who said this to God after his life was over, I can`t remember how it went right now)

is that the story that goes something like this:

a man is walking with god along the beach after his life and he looks back on the footprints left in the sand (representing his life).

theres two sets of footprints.....one god's....and one his.

but there are times where it is only one set of footprints left in the sand.

so he turns to god and asks "god...you have been with me...........but i look back on those footprints........and i see times when i was at my lowest...........where i needed you the most and you were not walking with me to help me"

and god replies "oh my son.........those footprints are actually mine because i was carrying you in my arms in your time of need"

i'm an athiest and i know this story why i dont know.

its quite weird i know a lot about christianity.......maybe more than a lot of christians.:confused:

• Members

there are idiots everwhere and its a shame that people think we are all the same, but how many times does the media run stories about churches raising money, food, christmas toys, etc...(list goes on and on) for the local poor and needy so they can have food to eat, clothes to wear, christmas toys. churches send people out to foreign lands (haiti, africa) to help local area build churches and strengthen their community.

christianity isn't about elitism, its about love

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by peaveyT60

there are idiots everwhere and its a shame that people think we are all the same, but how many times does the media run stories about churches raising money, food, christmas toys, etc...(list goes on and on) for the local poor and needy so they can have food to eat, clothes to wear, christmas toys. churches send people out to foreign lands (haiti, africa) to help local area build churches and strengthen their community.

christianity isn't about elitism, its about love

Agreed that's the way it should be. Superchurches and whatnot scare me. When I went to church we did community work every weekend and even went on a mission trip to an orphanage in Mexico. That's the kind of Church that rocks -- it was United Church of Christ.

• Members
Originally posted by Buffalo Soldier

is that the story that goes something like this:

a man is walking with god along the beach after his life and he looks back on the footprints left in the sand (representing his life).

theres two sets of footprints.....one god's....and one his.

but there are times where it is only one set of footprints left in the sand.

so he turns to god and asks "god...you have been with me...........but i look back on those footprints........and i see times when i was at my lowest...........where i needed you the most and you were not walking with me to help me"

and god replies "oh my son.........those footprints are actually mine because i was carrying you in my arms in your time of need"

i'm an athiest and i know this story why i dont know.

its quite weird i know a lot about christianity.......maybe more than a lot of christians.
:confused:

That`s the one. I believe the version I read was a little more detailed as to what happened to the man, but defo the same one :) It is a nice story, but somehow I manage to relate it to my son, and I hope I can do it for him :)

• Members
Originally posted by ke2

That`s the one. I believe the version I read was a little more detailed as to what happened to the man, but defo the same one
:)
It is a nice story, but somehow I manage to relate it to my son, and I hope I can do it for him
:)

oh yeah i definetly left out a lot of stuff. i just remembered the general jist of it.

i remember it from some scripture or something from when i was 10 maybe. many many years ago.

thats cool that you relate it to your son.

:thu:

• Members

"truth" doesn't necessarily equate/negate scientific data. the catholic church (the largest percentage of christians world wide) has no problem with, and actually accepts evolution.

take the scientific origian of life timeline and put it right up against the biblical accout for the creation of life, and remember that the biblical accout is thousands of years old (which is why it is explained in big picture terms; think about man's capacity of thought 5,000 years ago and the lack of knowledge of proteins, dna, etc) and tell me where they differ.

they don't. the bible is not a book of science; it is a book of religion, and yet our current scientific data points to what the bible has said for thousands of years, whose oral tradition is surely much older.

• Members

Since you picked me....

I don't believe that there is only one faith. I think there are men of God everywhere. But it is ok to disagree with me. I really don't care what you think about my faith or anything else about me. We could be best friends, have our families spent time together and be in the same band. I never judge what you do with your life. If a time comes when you life becomes harmful or at odds with what I believe, then I will not longer associate with you. That is the joy of picking your friends.

You could be an atheist and I could be your friend. Just don't preach that crap to my kids and I will only ask you ONCE to come to church with me. If you say no, so be it. I will see you at band practice, work or around town. No pressure from me.

I love science, but life is way to big to be luck (for me). That is why we are able to think and choose.

• Members
Originally posted by ke2

Mostly civil talk in it, as far as I can see?

true enough but as i read through this thread there are sooo many awesome questions that would require about 10 pages of discussion alone. there is just SO MANY i can't keep up and it just keeps moving and comments are flying left right and centre... and they keep coming... :mad:

• Members

After many years as a Christian, I am now an agnostic. Compassion and service, and experiencing deep quiet states in meditation are still priorities to me.

But the dogma had to go. I can't, in good conscious, profess things I don't know to be true. And it seems like I really know less the older I get.

Five years after my second divorce I am still single. I was sitting alone in my house last night watching the clock on the wall tick. This may sound sad but it wasn't. Once I emptied my mind it was a wonderful experience. Later I thought about how lucky I am to have health, job, car and a condo.

I am slowly learning to stop telling myself crazy stories. Simply tune in, to yourself, and to others.

• Members

Originally posted by Sick Michael

Partly.

Primarily, its about acknowledging your own total depravity in the face of an all powerful, wrathful, yet loving God, and then consequently trusting fulling Christ and His sacrifice.

well said. the 2 greatest commands are love the lord your god, and love your neighbor as yourself. other than that, it's VERY difficult to nutshell christianity. you'll fall into the trap of saying "read the book of john" when really, you should start from genesis and work your way back.

• Members

I don't have a problem discussing with rational atheists....I just can't talk with people who choose to start throwing in adjectives like "foolish" and "stupid" when talking about faith/religion.

At that point it is just getting personal, and nothing is going to be gained other than trying to see who can come up with the better diss.

• Members

oh guys........another question. i've asked this to other christians and i never get an answer i satisfied with.

now.....as i understand things, the only path to salvation and to god is through jesus and accepting him into your life. its through him that you reach god right?

now.......jewish people.

whats the deal, they dont believe jesus was the son of god right? what becomes of them.

are all jewish people gonna burn in hell.

or does the fact they follow the tora and the older scriptures save them?

im confused. i may have some details wrong.

• Members
Originally posted by Buffalo Soldier

oh guys........another question. i've asked this to other christians and i never get an answer i satisfied with.

now.....as i understand things, the only path to salvation and to god is through jesus and accepting him into your life. its through him that you reach god right?

now.......jewish people.

whats the deal, they dont believe jesus was the son of god right? what becomes of them.

are all jewish people gonna burn in hell.

or does the fact they follow the tora and the older scriptures save them?

im confused. i may have some details wrong.

I was told the other day that Gandhi is burning in Hell right now.

:freak:

Archived