The Official Born Again Believer's Thread!!

Lord ToneKing

• Members
Originally posted by Sandman31774

Echoes

I have much admiration for ya!!! Speak those opinions...everyone else who is anti-christian speaks theirs....so if they don't want to listen then it's their loss my friend. I am very glad I found Jesus years ago. Life is hard but: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!!!

preach on!

I'm blushing...:o ....Phil 4:13!!! right on bro!:thu:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by jds22

Born again believer here too. As are my wife and two teenage boys. I've been blessed beyond belief.

I did run into a snag today though.

The used Mesa F-30 that I was going to buy today was gone.

:(

Totally God's fault. You should start devil-worship. :p

Just kidding man, glad to hear you've found your path. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ke2

Wise words. I`m not a believer, although living my life more or less after eight (or so..) of the ten commandments. There is no reason for me not to be a good human being, even if there is no "reward" for me in the end:)

As I see it, I get my reward for doing good stuff when knowing or seeing I made someone`s life, day or just moment happier
:)

Cheers,

Knut E

if only God graded on a curve...He doesnt :cry::D ...that is good news though! cause if He did...we would ALL FAIL! cause God's requirement is PERFECTION!!!!! and we all to some degree or another fall short....

Jesus lived the perfect life and 'paid/atoned' for everyone on the cross...God does require FAITH in Jesus for salvation...your soul is in the balance TRUST HIM!!! you will definitely not regret it!:thu:

• Members

Born again believer here too. As are my wife and two teenage boys. I've been blessed beyond belief.

I did run into a snag today though.

The used Mesa F-30 that I was going to buy today was gone.

:(

Mesa's are evil! :eek: ...get a Marshall or Matchless!

• Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

I'm a "hardcore atheist" but I'm 150% cool with anyone who has their beliefs and who doesn't force them upon anyone. Most of Christ's teachings were awesome, and if you focus on that rather than the fundamentalism in the Old Testament, then {censored}, I agree with you on most counts of action, just not on the "why". Live and let live brothers, I hope it does bring you peace, just like my beliefs bring to me.

Personally I always thought the Old Testament was a much better read. A lot trippier.

The New Testament is boring as hell.

And seriously, if you really need the bible to provide a moral compus for you than Id say you have a screw loose upstairs. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Echoes

if only God graded on a curve...He doesnt
:cry::D
...that is good news though! cause if He did...we would ALL FAIL! cause God's requirement is PERFECTION!!!!! and we all to some degree or another fall short....

Jesus lived the perfect life and 'paid/atoned' for everyone on the cross...God does require FAITH in Jesus for salvation...your soul is in the balance TRUST HIM!!! you will definitely not regret it!
:thu:

And this is where we draw the line when trying to have intelligent discussion. Believe what you want, I'm happy for you that you've found your path, but don't tell me about my soul or what's going to happen to ME in YOUR belief system.

Jesus said be a fisher of men -- these fish aren't dumb, figure out a different bait, k?

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Personally I always thought the Old Testament was a much better read. A lot trippier.

The New Testament is boring as hell.

And seriously, if you really need the bible to provide a moral compus for you than Id say you have a screw loose upstairs.

LOL, I agree.. but I'd rather see those people with the screw loose FOLLOW that moral guideline than not.

Can you imagine what would happen if these people who put so much time and energy into Christianity didn't have that? Can you say Dahmer? :p:D

• Members

I am a christian as well. of course i may not share the same political views of many of you, but that's another thread, another time.

I have been living for the Lord for 10 years. 8 as a pentacostal/charismatic/word-of-faith and the last two as a reformed baptist. Doesn't really matter what you call yourself as long as you are striving to be obedient to our Savior's Word.

As far as the OT/Fundamental thing, the Law of God definately has it's place. Alot of Fundies take it farther than it was meant to take us. You cannot have Law without Gospel, and you cannot have Gospel without Law.

The law is applied to us in three ways. (from wikipedia)

1. To restrain external evil (civil use) or (curb).
2. To show us our sin (pedagogical, theological, or elenchtical {convicting} use) or (mirror).
3. To show us God's character and will as a rule and guide to holy living, empowered by the Gospel alone (didactic use) or (rule).

But anyway, it's really not my place to preach here. Go forth in love, power, and sound mind.

• Members

And this is where we draw the line when trying to have intelligent discussion. Believe what you want, I'm happy for you that you've found your path, but don't tell me about my soul or what's going to happen to ME in YOUR belief system.

Jesus said be a fisher of men -- these fish aren't dumb, figure out a different bait, k?

R-duanne, you can pick and choose only a few statements from Jesus if you want...

all I'm sayin is that 'if' Jesus is Who He says He is...and the bible is HIS revelation? if these are true, then, FAITH in Jesus as LORD and SAVIOR is required by God for salvation...

if you don't believe it? that is your choice, and I will not try to convince you beyond your own will.

For me to say to you: 'you do well in your non-belief' would be for me, to deny my faith and calling by God to tell others/all of the good news available to you/them...please understand that I mean 'no offense' but, I recognize that the message of the cross is an offense to those that dont want it...sorry.

• Members

LOL, I agree.. but I'd rather see those people with the screw loose FOLLOW that moral guideline than not.

Can you imagine what would happen if these people who put so much time and energy into Christianity didn't have that? Can you say Dahmer?
:p:D

No, but I can say "meth head." :p

• Members

ScreaminSaint, you're in Hannibal?
:wave:

I live in Jacksonville, IL. I make it over to Hannibal every now and then to do some work for clients, networking btw.

Jerry

Sweet!

BTW, i don't live in hannibal. right between palmyra and hannibal.. i go to church in hannibal. Cornerstone Baptist.

• Members

R-duanne, you can pick and choose only a few statements from Jesus if you want...

all I'm sayin is that 'if' Jesus is Who He says He is...and the bible is HIS revelation? if these are true, then, FAITH in Jesus as LORD and SAVIOR is required by God for salvation...

if you don't believe it? that is your choice, and I will not try to convince you beyond your own will.

For me to say to you: 'you do well in your non-belief' would be for me, to deny my faith and calling by God to tell others/all of the good news available to you/them...please understand that I mean 'no offense' but, I recognize that the message of the cross is an offense to those that dont want it...sorry.

Fair enough. I never really thought of it that way. Go on and do what you need to do, and I'll go on and do what I need to do, and hopefully we can both make the world better, if in our own ways. God would at least want that, even if I burn for eternity, no? :thu:

• Members

if only God graded on a curve...He doesnt
:cry::D
...that is good news though! cause if He did...we would ALL FAIL! cause God's requirement is PERFECTION!!!!! and we all to some degree or another fall short....

Jesus lived the perfect life and 'paid/atoned' for everyone on the cross...God does require FAITH in Jesus for salvation...your soul is in the balance TRUST HIM!!! you will definitely not regret it!

I`m aware of your points :) Most Norwegians are pretty well educated in Christianity, since the state and the church have been close for ages. My "problem", if we can call it that, is that I`ve never felt "touched" by God in any way. He`s never been there with me. (I know there is a sad/nice story about the man who said this to God after his life was over, I can`t remember how it went right now)

I think that if I`m in the wrong, and there is a higher being, this higher being would probably punish me more for faking belief than because I actually said "I`ve never been convinced enough to live it, so to say"

But the thread is for people of the same belief to share what they have in common. I don`t want to mess it up:)

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Reminds me of the guys who become Alcohol Anonymous addicts.
:freak:

Isn't AA and stuff Christian-based?

I always found this ironic -- my friend went to Codependents Anonymous. Basically for people who have a problem with being dependent on others.

They make them say "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Is it just me, or is that growing a dependence on God?

Kind of defeats the purpose, no? :p

• Members

Isn't AA and stuff Christian-based?

I always found this ironic -- my friend went to Codependents Anonymous. Basically for people who have a problem with being dependent on others.

They make them say "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Is it just me, or is that growing a dependence on God?

Kind of defeats the purpose, no?
:p

Indeed. That always thought the "powerless" idea was proposterous.

That said Ive met some really good people in AA. There are nuts in every group. ;)

Archived