The Official Born Again Believer's Thread!!

Lord ToneKing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by telephant

Not only is that a weird way of defining miracles, but generalizing any group of people is pretty lame, regardless of whether they are Christian or non believers. Wouldnt you agree?

well, the term miracle is misused if you ask me. I mean, just because things can be understood doesn't necesarily make it any less of a miraculous occurance. The consistancy of gravity is a miracle. but yeah, of course not everyone who isn't a christian is a jerk. i know plenty asshole christians! I'm prolly one of the biggest, right telephant? :D

• Members

Jesus is LORD! indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, I warn you guys, I am confident, outspoken and opinionated...and, well, not popular here at all...

I dont 'try' to be obstinate, just speaking the truth in love (with a little sarcasm from time to time...)...and that is usually quite enough to be despised here...

no matter...:wave: ...I love Jesus!!!!!!!!

• Members

Echoes

I have much admiration for ya!!! Speak those opinions...everyone else who is anti-christian speaks theirs....so if they don't want to listen then it's their loss my friend. I am very glad I found Jesus years ago. Life is hard but: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!!!

preach on!

• Members

Originally posted by Lord ToneKing

How depressing that some wackos can make us look so bad:(

I'm just a normal guy who accepted Christ as my savior. I NEVER push my beliefs on anyone. I'm no saint and have my struggles in life, but I can honestly say I try to do my best.

I know alot of 'genuine' christians on this forum:wave:

Now who have I not met yet:confused:

:)

can i ask why you don't push your beliefs on anyone?

i thought part of being christian was spreading the gospel to people.

although i prefer the christians who hang out with both the most of holy of christians right down to the scum of the earth sinners without having every second conversation resulting in talking about how accepting jesus into your life can save you.

i mean jesus spent most of his time with the sinners of society right......prostitutes theifs etc.

i have a brother who is born again.....and it seems like the only friends he has or associates with now is fellow christians.:confused:

im not trying to offend you im just curious about these sorts of things.

edit: oh and i guess you could call me athiest. but im not gonna go diss your beliefs. live the way you want and believe what you believe just dont judge me for mine or let your actions affect me in a negative way. thats my motto.

• Members

Originally posted by Sandman31774

buffalo,

there is a lot of truth there...i have friends who are not very christian at all...i hope to be a good influence on them...if i'm pushy though it tends to drive them away...if i drop subtle hints from time to time it gives them food for thought

i think the best you can do with people like that........and people like me i guess......is teach them the messages from the bible and the teachings of jesus.

you may not convince us to believe in god or christianity but but i guess you can certainly convince us that the overall messages about how to better yourself as a person are useful.

• Members

well Jesus never forced himself on anyone...he spoke the word but God isn't about forcing himself on someone to believe..he wants people to come to him under FREEWILL, freechoice etc...So i don't force my opinion...i share with anyone and if they want to hear it i'll talk for hours...if they don't want to hear then i figure why waste my time being pushy..i can drop little hints to them from time to time....but not force it....i'll spend my time with someone else that is receptive...i'm not in this to offend anyone..just want everyone to hear God's word and have the salvation that i know I have....i don't just believe i have it...i feel it and it's a wonderful feeling...

whether you agree with me or disagree it's ok...i'll be friendly to everyone

• Members

I've quit discussing Christianity on the forums. I agree with Hal, most people want to fight. They don't want to know the answers - they want to try and make others look stupid - in their eyes.

I love to share with people who want to know.

Otherwise, especially here on HC, and in the political forums, I consider it throwing my pearls before swine.

The fact is, many people hate God, and his son. And we know in the last days, the love of many will wax cold and the times will get worse.

If someone wants to know, I love sharing. If they want to argue and show how "intellectual" they are - well, its a spiritual thing, no amount of dialog will change their mind, its a "knowledge that passes understanding" so to speak.

As I said, I don't waste time throwing pearls before swine on these boards.

• Members

well Jesus never forced himself on anyone...he spoke the word but God isn't about forcing himself on someone to believe..he wants people to come to him under FREEWILL, freechoice etc...So i don't force my opinion...i share with anyone and if they want to hear it i'll talk for hours...if they don't want to hear then i figure why waste my time being pushy..i can drop little hints to them from time to time....but not force it....i'll spend my time with someone else that is receptive...i'm not in this to offend anyone..just want everyone to hear God's word and have the salvation that i know I have....i don't just believe i have it...i feel it and it's a wonderful feeling...

:thu:

i wish more christians were like you and shared the same beliefs as your post.

now im out of this thread before the hardcore athiests get here and this gets to 1000 pages of nothing but insults.

• Members

Originally posted by blueswoman

I've quit discussing Christianity on the forums. I agree with Hal, most people want to fight. They don't want to know the answers - they want to try and make others look stupid - in their eyes.

Otherwise, especially here on HC, and in the political forums, I consider it throwing my pearls before swine.

The fact is, many people hate God, and his son. And we know in the last days, the love of many will wax cold and the times will get worse.

If someone wants to know, I love sharing. If they want to argue and show how "intellectual" they are - well, its a spiritual thing, no amount of dialog will change their mind, its a "knowledge that passes understanding" so to speak.

i know your post wasnt about me, but i posted an honest question about a certain aspect of christianity, got my answer........

and now i leave in peace.:wave:

• Members

well i'm not going to argue with anyone blueswoman...but on these forums...i can overlook the Godbashers...i'm hoping someone out there is reading this and it helps them open their eyes. a lot of people read these posts and never post any comments of their own.. you never know who you may reach by spreading the word...blueswoman i do understand the everyday frustration of being a christian, especially in these times when many have become cold....but the fact that you typed the post you did shows that you are a believer so i give you a thumbs up.

• Members

Been on the bus with Jesus since 96! Just received another whack to head this past week! He has been talking to me about my career with my voice...radio, voice over work, comic, now the big one hit's me this past sunday as I was lay leader...a minister who is comedic! When you find yourself saying, "thats weird...its god talking to you!

Breathe in HOPE

Breathe out FEAR

• Members

Wise words. I`m not a believer, although living my life more or less after eight (or so..) of the ten commandments. There is no reason for me not to be a good human being, even if there is no "reward" for me in the end:)

As I see it, I get my reward for doing good stuff when knowing or seeing I made someone`s life, day or just moment happier :)

Cheers,

Knut E

• Members

I'm a "hardcore atheist" but I'm 150% cool with anyone who has their beliefs and who doesn't force them upon anyone. Most of Christ's teachings were awesome, and if you focus on that rather than the fundamentalism in the Old Testament, then {censored}, I agree with you on most counts of action, just not on the "why". Live and let live brothers, I hope it does bring you peace, just like my beliefs bring to me.

• Members

Originally posted by ke2

Wise words. I`m not a believer, although living my life more or less after eight (or so..) of the ten commandments. There is no reason for me not to be a good human being, even if there is no "reward" for me in the end:)

As I see it, I get my reward for doing good stuff when knowing or seeing I made someone`s life, day or just moment happier
:)

Cheers,

Knut E

Very wise words Knut. Preach on brotha. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by blueswoman

I agree with everything you say here, but I don't think that "intellectual" and "spiritual" are necessarily opposites. I know you're not saying point blank that they are, but someone could read your post that way, so I thought I'd bring it up. I think intellect is one of the greatest tools that God has gifted humanity with, and when intellect and spirit work together, real miracles are possible, imho. :thu:

Archived