Travelling by airplane with keyboard

danuniversal

• Members

Have any of you traveled with a keyboard?

How can I travel with a keyboard in an airplane?

There are no instructions int he website....

The dimensions are 41.69"W x 7.01"H x 16.57"D

that is longer than the limit of the luggage size... :'(

So I do not know how to do it.

DO you believe that a keyboar fit inside a bag?

Have you done it?

Help me please.

• Members

I won't fly with my boards any more. I either rent when I get there or make them rent for me. I had a keyboard dropped flat and keys popped out and other things popped loose. A lot of the places that offer us shows out of state pay for the whole backline.

• Members

+1 for including it in your rider or renting once you're there. Rmember to save all you information to whatever media that keyboard takes and just load it in when you get there. Be sure to advance and reserve with a deposit with whoever you getting it from. Never assume that because you called and they said they have one, that it will be available the day the you need it.

-1 on gig bags and airlines for anything. If it's flat it can and will end up under a pile of bags in the overhead bins. And if they run out of room in the overheads, the last thing you want is to either be forced into gate checking your instrument in a gig bag to go in the luggage compartment or missing your flight altogether.

• Members

Flight cases protect the keyboard from someone dropping something on it. It does NOT protect it from being dropped (or thrown).

I have all my patches saved in Triton format and my contract demands a Triton 76 key - any kind (classic, studio, extreme). Once I get there, I back up the F bank, load in mine. When I'm done, I reload the old F bank (I don't want my patches floating around).

-Mc

• Members

Flight cases protect the keyboard from someone dropping something on it. It does NOT protect it from being dropped (or thrown).

No? All the flight cases i've seen had Serious Foam inserts, is that not enough? Maybe they weren't "flight cases", I don't claim to be an expert. I just know that if I *HAD* to fly my stuff, I would want some hefty casing with some Serious Padding .

• Members

I really like the tough cases available at B.I., but the weight of the 88 key model plus my XF 8 would make it near impossible to manuever.

http://www.box-international.com/en/products/music/keyboard-88-keys-cases-with-wheels/#keyboard-88-keys-cases-with-wheels

The KEYBOARD CASE is designed to protect your various models sizes of keyboards with pieces of high density foam. Easily change the width / height / depth of the inside dimensions by simply adding or removing the foam. Also designed with recessed wheels, easy for transport.

Archived