SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

Since I am SS again: TIP:

Pod XT direct to PC sounds like fizz right?

Use amplitube 2's cab sims on it. Really impressive.

NEW THREAD SS and I have a new SS setup? Sounds like I have come full circle.

I only used AMplitube 1 and wasnt impressed. But its been awhile. and never really liked many plug in distortions...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Shask

I only used AMplitube 1 and wasnt impressed. But its been awhile. and never really liked many plug in distortions...

The distortions suck unless you want to sound like the doom video game music. I turn off all of the amp portion and just use the cab speaker sim/mic/eq/tube compression and it sounds good. My sounds was horrible when I messed around with it. I managed to salvage this track with it. Otherwise it sounded just like hissy/spikey/treble fest.

After the amp sim it sounded like this:

www.web-design100.net/Unicorn%20Brutal.mp3

This was the first day of me using the POD, and I was just messing around.

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

I was wiring light switches hot today, and got hit so hard, my strippers flew out of my hands. My hands were also numb for a few minutes. The boss man yelled and called me names for a few minutes, for doing it hot. Oh well, its a living
:thu:

That sucks. Getting hit with those voltages really suck. Be glad it wasnt worse :o It could have melted your strippers to your hand, and then you would be like a botched mutated superhero... stripperhand man :o

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

The distortions suck unless you want to sound like the doom video game music. I turn off all of the amp portion and just use the cab speaker sim/mic/eq/tube compression and it sounds good. My sounds was horrible when I messed around with it. I managed to salvage this track with it. Otherwise it sounded just like hissy/spikey/treble fest.

After the amp sim it sounded like this:

www.web-design100.net/Unicorn%20Brutal.mp3

This was the first day of me using the POD, and I was just messing around.

I just never had a huge problem with the cab sims. Im not saying they are great, but not horrid by any means. Not horrid like a Vamp :o

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

ART DST-4. It's technically a hybrid, but the tube section is only active when using the clean channel.

I remember seeing those in Musiciansfriend catalogs back in High Shcool. There was the preamp, the head, and the combos. I remember I wanted one :o

I never saw one in person though. I do remember messing with the Extreme pedal once in a store.

• Members
Originally posted by Tribute2Johnny

i'm trying Amplitube 2 right now....seeing if it's worth using..

I never did like the first one. I was never a fan of software plugins in general for guitar modeling. I havent tried the lastest wave of stuff though.

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

That sucks. Getting hit with those voltages really suck. Be glad it wasnt worse
:o
It could have melted your strippers to your hand, and then you would be like a botched mutated superhero... stripperhand man
:o

kinda like Edward scissorhands? :p

Archived